TotallyOz

Sony T700 Digital Camera

I have been on the market for a nice compact digital camera for a bit and they were all just too expensive in Thailand so I waited until I got to Singapore where the prices were a little better but I was guaranteed a legit cam with full warranty. I did a bit of research on the type I was looking and read a few reviews and finally bought the Sony T700.

The camera is easy to operate, has a built in 4G of Member plus it came with a 4G memory chip. I purchased an additional 16G card for the camera and another battery. The screen on the back of the camera is amazing and huge. It is so perfectly gorgeous to look at. I have only been playing with it a couple of days so I have not gotten to all the features but what I have seen so far I have really enjoyed. If you are looking for a high end camera take a look at this one.

https://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...8&langId=-1

Guest MonkeySee

I am thinking about buying another computer. I noticed the prices in Thailand seem to be higher than in the US. What about Singapore prices for desktops? I heard because of the economic downturn, computers may be cheaper this Christmas season. Did you happen to notice computer prices, GT?

As strange as it sounds, I've found that all electronics are more expensive in Southeast Asia than here in the states. Sounds crazy - given they make the stuff over there - but I know it's true for computers, camera cards, flat screen monitors, cameras, etc. When I begin living in Thailand, I'll buy the bigger items (e.g., computer and monitor) there as I won't want to haul them over.

For example, the camera noted above (Sony DSC T700) can be purchased for $369.99 on Amazon or as low as $279.00 at Prestige Camera. (Possibly lower somewhere else, I only did a quick search).

Guest MonkeySee
As strange as it sounds, I've found that all electronics are more expensive in Southeast Asia than here in the states. Sounds crazy - given they make the stuff over there - but I know it's true for computers, camera cards, flat screen monitors, cameras, etc. When I begin living in Thailand, I'll buy the bigger items (e.g., computer and monitor) there as I won't want to haul them over.

For example, the camera noted above (Sony DSC T700) can be purchased for $369.99 on Amazon or as low as $279.00 at Prestige Camera. (Possibly lower somewhere else, I only did a quick search).

It is strange, but on big ticket items, I too, find them cheaper in the US. I do find smaller items like flash drives and media cards cheaper in Asia.