snwbrdr015

Invite a guy over, or visit his apartment?

• Members

Dear forum friends,

In about two weeks I fly back to hot and horny Colombia for a short (but definitely intense) sextation. Safety is always an issue if you're planning  hook-ups. I have rented my private place, but many times guys (pay or free) invite you over to their place. Even though I hope I 'm quite street wise when it comes to picking up guys, it's always a good idea to learn from others. 

What is the better option:

- invite them over?
PLUS SIDE: you control the scene; your valuables can be locked away; you feel more secure
DOWN SIDE: when things turn nasty it's hard to get them out (I had an experience like that...caught the bastard stealing...he got intimidating); they might start a scene

-go to their place
PLUS SIDE: only take the money you need; one can't rob you/clear you out
DOWN SIDE: you get locked in; he might have accomplices

love your thoughts

• Members

I have a rule in South America...

NEVER GO TO A GUY'S HOUSE unless you know him well and unless he lives in a high-end neighborhood.

If you stay in a hotel, you'll be 99.999% safe. If you have an apartment...again....you're still safe since you know the environment...

As KevinC said, a love hotel would be a good alternative.

• Members

@likeohmygod : I totally agree, I've had many guys invite me to their place while visiting Latin America.  I have only once taken them up on their offer and that was because this was a guy I've played with before and had a good rapport with prior to.  Going to a strange guy's place, play or free, is usually an unnecessary risk.  Unless, you meet somewhere beforehand so that you can evaluate your playmate and trust that this guy lives in a safe neighborhood  I would not recommend home visits.  However, I'm a paranoid middle age professional form an industrialized country.  Please remember that we are meeting potentially shady guys for hot times, this is not a backpacking trip or a missionary adventure.  If you really think that you can handle potentially dangerous situations in an unfamiliar country, please feel free to indulge.  I just hope that you speak more than the tourist Spanish that I do or you may attract unnecessary attention.

http://colombiareports.com/video-dutch-man-kidnapped-bogota-escapes-along-rooftops/

I took the Transmilenio right past this neighborhood in Bogota and it looked like bad news.  Luckily, my habits and vices are a bit more restrained ;)

• Members

Thanks for the helpful replies guys! It confirms my usual habit NOT to go with strangers...just like mommy taught us :-)

@Darkseraphim: I've seen this video before! It's a few years old and was taken corner cr. 15 y calle 9, some 6 blocks from Plaze Bolivar. I did some research on Google Maps hehe. Those streets are/were called ' El Bronx'. You don't want to go there unless you are a lost case drug addict; not our kind of place I guess. '... looks bad news ...' is an understatement!