Guest bobbalino

Brazil visa news

Guest bobbalino

The tourism and foreign ministries continue to go head to head with each other on the question of visa waiver for USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan.

Tourism has unveiled a proposal aimed at doubling tourist visits over the next five years. One of the suggestions is a fast-track e-application for the aforementioned four countries.

How might this be problematic? Sure, I would love the easier visa process if the waiver is not going to happen. However, I do not see a waiver as being likely once funding is committed to revamping the visa process, which I imagine would be expensive and would render much consulate activity obsolete.

• Members

Any other way to bypass having to deal with the trolls and ogres running the Toronto consulate would be welcome.  You would think that the consulate being the official outpost of your country in another would be manned by staff that best represent the cultural and physical cross-section of your country.  In the Brazilian consulate in Toronto you would be dead wrong.

Guest bobbalino

I do not disagree the staff can be rigid, but the English-language requirement has nothing to do with being culturally and physically cross-sectionally representative. Trencherman, do you mean they are difficult to deal with in terms of the app process, or they are not comely?