Guest MonkeySee

Recent Passings

Guest MonkeySee

Arthur Shawcross 63, also know as the Genesse River Killer died on November 10. Shawcross was a convicted serial killer who was serving life in prison for strangling eleven women dating back to the seventies. He killed the Rochester, N.Y. area women. He then dumped the bodies along the river.

Mitch Mitchell 61, the jazzy and versatile British drummer in the Jimi Hendrix Experience died November in Portand Oregon.

Florence Wald 91, former Yale University nursing school dean who brought the hospice movement to the US. She started the first American hospice unit. She died November 8 in Branford Conn.

Guest laurence

I love to read certain obits in the NY Times; those of people in my age bracket. For instance (not real names but real circumstances): Dr. Hart, age 62, a leading medical proponent of preventative heart medicine, died of a heart attack; Dr. Oncology, age 67,a noted researcher on causes of cancer, died of kidney cancer; Dr. Feelgood, age 59, a proponent of a healthy living style, died of emphysema. The list goes on.

Guest MonkeySee
I love to read certain obits in the NY Times; those of people in my age bracket. For instance (not real names but real circumstances): Dr. Hart, age 62, a leading medical proponent of preventative heart medicine, died of a heart attack; Dr. Oncology, age 67,a noted researcher on causes of cancer, died of kidney cancer; Dr. Feelgood, age 59, a proponent of a healthy living style, died of emphysema. The list goes on.

That is why I try not to sweat the small stuff. Enjoy life to the fullest, because at our age, there could be no tomorrow.

Guest laurence

Another noteworthy passing as excerpted from the New York Times:

Dr. Carleton Gajdusek, a Nobel Prize winner for work on the mysterious epidemics now known as prion diseases died at 85.

Dr. Gajdusek was difficult and eccentric and remained unrepentant about the sexual relationships with his adopted sons (young boys he adopted in Micronesia); he considered American law prudish and pointed out that sex with young men was normal in the cultures he studied and in the classic Greek societies....