Tomcal

Brazil or Mexico

I have gotten quite a few messages asking if i am going to stop going to Brazil now that i have a place in Mexico?  The short answer is no!  I still intend to go to Brazil, just maybe a little less frequently, maybe 3 times a year!  IMHO Brazil stilll has the largest quanity of hot guys available in a fun enviornament! But Mexico has plenty of talent it just always isn't as easy as walking in a sauna but still easy to find a lot of guys! Grindr is a good place to start and once you meet a couple guys they will tell you what places to go to as far as bars/clubs etc.

I don't close on my house for another 2 weeks yet I have already met 5 Mexican guys in their mid 30's to mid 50's who have introduced me to their friends and have attended several parties with them and I am feeling very comfortable in the local scene there.

Guest bobbalino

Tom, congratulations on your Meridan acquisitions, and kudos to your skill at integrating so quickly. You are filling a needed niche in terms of rounding out the flavours of expatistism there. The state of Campeche sounds might peachy.

And please leave some 'leave' for the Rio/SP/PA fellows to continue to mingle among us. ;)

Guest KevinC

It makes sense to settle in Mexico rather than Brazil.  Mexico is closer to home country, and for someone who speaks Spanish better than Portuguese. In fact, most of the expats in Mexico are bi-lingual (English and Spanish).

KevinC you are right,  while I know Brazil a lot better,  and have a lot of friends there,  it is a 13-1/2 hr flight for me which each year as I get older seems a lot longer!   also, Houston and it's medical facilities are only a an hour and 20 mins. away, if I have to get back for a medical emergency to the U.S. although the medical facilities are rated very high in the city I am moving to.

Guest bobbalino

Tom, some of us were confused upon landing in CDMX, the entry form was not available on the flight, or at immigration counters. Eventually an attendant handed them out as we waited in line. Fortunately, has option English.

Do you find your Portuguese friends require some coaching to smooth over this procedure?

I take it you are an old hand at this.

I had to argue to get the extra blank form to attach here.

I left item 8 blank. I turned in the bottom portion to flight agent at boarding gate when returning home.

Guest KevinC
5 minutes ago, bobbalino said:

Tom, some of us were confused upon landing in CDMX, the entry form was not available on the flight, or at immigration counters. Eventually an attendant handed them out as we waited in line. Fortunately, has option English.

Do you find your Portuguese friends require some coaching to smooth over this procedure?

I left item 8 blank. I turned in the bottom portion to flight agent at boarding gate when returning home.

It's Mexico, what do you expect?  Also, the airport is probably the worst in central/south , the staff, the lounge...all left a lot to be desired.

11 minutes ago, bobbalino said:

Out of 4 flights this year to Mexico, 3 of them did not have the forms available and you had to get them in customs and fill them out! Pain in the ass! -United Airlines

The one advantage is i always have pens in my Laptop bag and a gay guy asked me if he could borrow it and we became friends on FB and he also was done there to buy a home!

the Brazilians did not have any problems!

• Members
2 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Out of 4 flights this year to Mexico, 3 of them did not have the forms available and you had to get them in customs and fill them out! Pain in the ass! -United Airlines

The one advantage is i always have pens in my Laptop bag and a gay guy asked me if he could borrow it and we became friends on FB and he also was done there to buy a home!

the Brazilians did not have any problems!

You can also print and fill it at home before leaving your country.

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/estrangeiro/cartao-de-entrada-e-saida/FORMULARIO-ENTRADA-SAIDA-Padrao-Confederacoes.pdf

If nothing has changed, this should work. (Keep in mind that i don't need a visa to go to Brazil, so i don't know if it could be different for people from the US)

Guest bobbalino

We were discussing entering Mexico, but the Brazil entry form is also good to know about ... thanks for adding.

I have a visa issued in Canada and also receive, on Air Canada and Copa Air flights, the brief form you attached