Guest riosul77

Olimpo, Belo Horizonte

Guest riosul77

Virtually nothing recent on saunas outside of poa, sp, rio so fyi

Olimpo thermas, Rua Timbiras, 2635, Santo Agostinho, BH, MG

Supposedly the premier sauna of Belo Horizonte, visited March 19 and March 20th. Situated in a very nice neighberhood, mix of offices, residences, very safe area. The sauna is in a beautifully restored house. You can google their site and the photos are accurate, a very very clean well - appointed interior, the usual amenities, not as big as 117 but just as clean and obviously well run. The staff greeted us the second night and welcomed us back. Great 'hot' steam sauna, a must for me. Choice of free cabini's (clean but a single bed) for a quickie or rooms to rent. The room I had was clean, double bed, this one did not have a shower so I don't know if some suites do. The showers, by the way, are hot, clean, and plenty of soap.

The boys:

both nights there were not many boys; Sunday perhaps 15 and Monday perhaps 10. I should mention though on Monday we arrived about 8:30, so I don't know if it would be busier earlier, supposedly Monday is one of the better nights. We really only went Monday after a very long day of sight-seeing at Tiradentes to clean up, before catching a night bus back to Rio. Both nights the pickings were rather sparse (given how few boys there were. But, about 3 boys, each night, were the exception, tall, model looks, really stunning. The balance were nothing special but all that we chatted with were really friendly, not pushy, nice attitudes. I think on the right night, this could be a 9 out of 10 sauna, I just can't give you the right night to hit it, given our short stay in BH. Belo Horizonte has a reputation for handsome men, as some of you know from experience in the Rio saunas (117 specifically), given a busier night at Olimpo, could be a most pleasant experience.

We did not go to any other saunas so can't report on others, this was a quick weekend get away.

• Members

Thanks for the report. Please will you comment on the physiques and ethnic mix of the working guys. You mentioned there were a few with "model looks" but were these guys lean fashion model-types or were they athletic, ripped muscle-types or steroidal bodybuilders?

Guest riosul77

Athletic, ripped, tall, beautiful faces. All of the boys were light skinned, no black guys and no twinks. Again, slow nights so perhaps lack of variety was atypical. BH is a big city, cosmopolitan, so wide spectrum would be expected.

Guest KevinC
1 hour ago, riosul77 said:

Athletic, ripped, tall, beautiful faces. All of the boys were light skinned, no black guys and no twinks. Again, slow nights so perhaps lack of variety was atypical. BH is a big city, cosmopolitan, so wide spectrum would be expected.

Do they speak some English?

37 minutes ago, KevinC said:

Do they speak some English?

In 16 years of going to Brazil an average of 4 times a year, i would estimate less then 25 spoke any English at all and most of those were limited to 3 or 4 short sentences! That is out of a 1,000 guys roughly!  It forced me to learn sone Portuguese, enough to get my requesrs understood.

i can remember 3 decent English speakers snd they learned it to become more "employable" to the americans in the sauna and none of them were of the caliber i was interested in!

Guest bobbalino

The only advantage if they speak English, given that now I insist on communicating in Portuguese, is the greater prospect of having my crappy broken Portugues corrected/refined. Moreover, given that we tend to view their overall attentiveness as disingenuous, in a way similar to their tendency to question our own motives (eg, piece of meat, needy short-term shagshank redemption agenda ... vs higher order relating), I find they let their guard down in viewing me as disingenuous. It gives them a chance to compliment my efforts ... beyond the typical go-to (my silver-fox beard, that gets really tired, and cool personal  flip flops). When they find an opening to authentically admire and give you your due props, it potentially redirects the dynamic. In general, that is what everyone ultimately wants. Then you are not bitterly habituated to mutual distrust, resentment, and antipathy while faking through the few minutes you have together.