TotallyOz

Do you think Hillary will be the next Secretary of State?

Hillary  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think she will be offered and accept the job of Secretary of State?

• Yes
    • No

Guest laurence
I love Hillary. What do you think she will do?

I think she was promised something by the Obama campaign in exchange for her and Bill's support, which was given. Yes, I think she will accept if offered the job.

Guest topjohn5
I'm not fooled by Hilary at all. If Obama does give her a job in my opinion it is simply to keep her from being outspoken against him.

Originally, I figured he would try to get her well out of the way so she wouldn't try a run in 2012 if he had a weak performance. If I was him and I wanted her really out of the way I would give her a position on the supreme court......she couldn't resist that one I think......

But maybe there was a deal to do this cabinet post rather then becoming one of the supremes, lol!

This way if he faulters she can resign in a huff and run in 2012......

Well, probably never really know but it does smell like a deal............

I'm no great fan of Hillary, but I do think she would be perfect for the position of Secretary of State and, from the latest news reports, it looks like that's exactly where she'll be, assuming she would accept the nomination if it's offered. I would certainly think she will.

I think it's quite a smart move on Obama's part. First, she has bipartisan support for the job. That alone is important and I think if she's nominated, she stands a very good chance of of being confirmed unanimously.

Second, if Obama is already thinking ahead to 2012, then giving Hillary a top post like that makes it very unlikely that she would run against him. Unless Obama royally screws up, I think Hillary is out of presidential politics for the rest of her career, but she definitely has potential for making dramatic and historic moves, the right kind, as Secretary of State.

I hope she gets it.

I hope she is not offered the job or, if offered, that she turns it down. The most pressing need for the Obama administration will be a forceful voice in the Senate and, in my view, Hillary is that person. Additionally, I think the country needs Hillary in a position to be a forceful counter-balance to Obama administration policies that occasionally may go astray (I hope that doesn't happen but who would be better than Hillary to make Obama and other Democrats to think twice?).

As Secretary of State, she certainly could voice her opinions but she ultimately would have to be subservient to the positions of President Obama. That's not the Hillary I know or want around and I think she could more easily enunciate her positions and affect policy as an outsider and one of the more important voices of the Senate.

Guest Steve1903

If in 4 years Obama looks like he's going to get in again then I believe Hilary will bide her time and run again at the end of Obama's second term.

Always assuming of course that Obama is still alive. Lot of people round our way are convinced he'll be taken out before his presidency is over. Some don't think he'll even make it to inauguration day.

Guest topjohn5
If in 4 years Obama looks like he's going to get in again then I believe Hilary will bide her time and run again at the end of Obama's second term.

Always assuming of course that Obama is still alive. Lot of people round our way are convinced he'll be taken out before his presidency is over. Some don't think he'll even make it to inauguration day.

I agree.

I was reading that he has had the most threats so far on record for a president-elect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/14/o...l_n_144005.html

Considering that your chances are 30% of getting attacked normally as a US President and many times successfully....it's not great odds for him.

Guest GaySacGuy

The only thing possibly blocking the appointment is Bill. Some of the people donating to his causes are probably not the kind of people/countries that we would want the Secratary of State to be beholding too.