TotallyOz

Emerald City TV Show

Is anyone watching the Emerald City TV Show?  It is a modern take on the Wizard of Oz. 

It is a bit weird for me to watch. It is like the took the story over to the dark side of things.

I did like the rainbow in the window of Aunt Em's house and the monkey statue as part of the navigation system of the city.  The Wizard apparently banned magic in the kingdom. The Yellow Brick Road is made of poppy.  So, there are many familiar things to the story.  I didn't quite get the boy who turned into a girl (please explain if you know what is going on in that theme).  

Overall, it was nice to see a story about Oz even if a different story than I like.  However, Oz still is great and powerful and that is a good thing! ;)

Guest bobbalino

Not watching it yet. I believe the original book series author Baum was unconventional in terms of gender roles at the time, and if I remember correctly, one character was gender dysphoric or spontaneously revealed to be opposite. Interestingly, the language roots of Dorothy/Dorothea , when inverted, yield Theodore.