Guest Larstrup

Help protect Betty White from 2016

Guest Larstrup

bwhite.jpg

Help 2016 catch these hands if it goes anywhere near Betty White! If she's okay with it I will fly to where ever Betty White is and keep her safe till Jan 1 , 2017. Now , assuming she doesn't want a strange Greek standing guard outside her door all monies will be donated to the Spartanburg little theater to help craft new stars of stage and screen to carry mantle of the legends that have left is this year.

Update 1
Posted by Demetrios Hrysikos
17 hours ago

HELLO EVERYONE ! Wow, I've been busy at work for a while and opened my phone to this kinda going viral. Firstly, id like to thank everyone who has donated and shared so far. Thank you SO MUCH! Secondly I had no idea this would go so far but I'm happy it did. The idea came to me after news of Carrie fishers passing to try and put a smile back on some people faces and do some good! Other than liking to support our local arts and having a friend who works at the little theater I don't have any connection to it, I just thought it would be a good place for any money made to go. 2016 has taken so many great artists and SLT helps support and nurture new budding talent in our town. I'd like to think that Betty , Carrie, and Bowie would be happy with any proceeds going to that cause , which I assure you it WILL! This has been unexpected but let's make it a good thing ! We need new artists to carry the mantel of all the great ones we lost this year so keep sharing and donating to ensure a better 2017 for the arts.
Help spread the word!

Guest Larstrup
1 hour ago, BigK said:

When did the word "bitches" become so universal.  Sad.

It's actually, for many, evolved into a word which is considered a term of endearment among many women because they want to take that once degrading term and turn it positive. Not unlike how many gays use the word fag, faggot, etc. It's also just another sign we're getting older. :lol:

However <ahem> the more offensive meaning of  the word is still common among women as well, sooooo, better be careful how and when you're using the term.

Spelling_3_embed.jpg

Guest rvwnsd
On 1/2/2017 at 5:36 AM, BigK said:

When did the word "bitches" become so universal.  Sad.

There's a Golden Girls episode in which the roof is leaking. Rose exits her room carrying two buckets of water; Dorothy asks if the ceiling in her room is leaking too, and Rose replies, "No, Dorothy, I just finished milking the cow I keep in my closet!" She then says, "Gee, with only three hours of sleep I can be as bitchy as you!".