Lucky

George Michael Has Died At 53

• Members

A sad Christmas for fans of pop star George Michaels, dead today at the age of 53,

From The Guardian:

George Michael, the pop superstar, has died peacefully at home, his publicist said.

The 53-year-old, who was set to release a documentary in 2017, rose to fame as a member of Wham!, known for their hits Club Tropicana and Last Christmas.

Michael - whose real name is Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou - sold more than 100m albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.

In a statement, the star’s publicist said: “It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.

“The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage.”

Thames Valley Police said there were no suspicious circumstances. Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring at 13:42 GMT that day.[3]

Such a true tragic loss for the world. He was so talented.  I still can't get the duet he did with Elton John out of my head. I loved watching him and his music. 

I do hate the the media overseas keep saying that he is homosexual.  Why is that relevant?  When a superstar that is straight dies, do they say, Whitney Houston, the heterosexual singer has died.

Guest JDDanielsxxx
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, Lucky said:

A sad Christmas for fans of pop star George Michaels, dead today at the age of 53,

From The Guardian:

George Michael, the pop superstar, has died peacefully at home, his publicist said.

The 53-year-old, who was set to release a documentary in 2017, rose to fame as a member of Wham!, known for their hits Club Tropicana and Last Christmas.

Michael - whose real name is Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou - sold more than 100m albums throughout a career spanning almost four decades.

In a statement, the star’s publicist said: “It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.

“The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage.”

Thames Valley Police said there were no suspicious circumstances. Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring at 13:42 GMT that day.[3]

What a tragedy. I still am mourning over his death as I had a major crush on this man for years. His music will continue to live on, and definitely not forgotten as a gay icon in the music industry.

RIP George!!!