Guest bobbalino

Self-storage in Rio

Guest bobbalino

I am thrilled to discover a reputable storage firm, Moby Self-storage, has opened a site in Gamboa district, old port just a few blocks north of New Meio Mundo. So far, storage companies have been not centrally located and they have offered minimum space sizes too large for my needs.

Brazil is my primary travel destination, but I now have to make connections and prefer to travel light with only carry on wherever possible. Moreover, domestic flights where you want only carry on for shorter visits tend to have stricter poundage compared to long haul travel.

My dream has been to obtain storage suitable for one or two large suitcases over the next few years. Naturally, the 2nd bag is for Magnums, lube and toys ;)

Right now, I am storing some crap on a temp basis at my last Airbnb host's. Would like something more formal.

Moby offers a range of one square meter (9 sq ft) and up! I am hoping the price for the mini-size will be worth the convenience ... will check it out later this winter. I imagine it is a small locker for that size, as opposed to the standard walk-in with door of typical warehoused storage units. Or even some softer plastic bags, more malleable to fit in a confined space might work better than the arbitrary hard dimensions of luggage.

Fingers crossed.