12is12

Theft and phones/money in Rio saunas?

Hi All,

There was a thread about clothing ettiquette, and someone mentioned he uses only a towel and sticks his phone there.

Is there no danger of theft while in the cabin with the garoto (or in other places), or do guys in such cases pass through the locker before?

Ditto about money: I left my wallet in the locker of ocurse, and went there after the deed to pay the garoto. However, as I was sitting and interacting with garotos, I sometimes wanted to tip them just for 5-10 minutes of their time. It's very inconvenient to have to go back and forth to the locker in such instances.

Any thoughts about the small questions or bigger issue?

Thanks,

(-:

Guest bobbalino

I keep my phone and some cash on my person just like in any club ... to me it is more like a bar than a baths.

I tend to use private suites for showering, and my phone and watch and some other stuff is in there with the guy, as is often his phone. His "paycheque" is in the locker as per usual. I suppose if he is adept, he could rifle through my things, but I have not had that obviously occur. And there is little in it for him.

I have been chided by a few other customers for inadvertently drawing attention to the belongings I keep with me in the common space. It is a matter of preference, living with your choices. I do not feel I am 'asking for it', and other patrons wear various amounts of clothing as well.

Last week ... 2 related incidents:

At 202 I had accidentally left my decoy phone, an inactivated Nokia, on the sink in the locker space while preparing to check out. I keep this secondary phone while on the street at night, though I never feel unsafe once I am in the city. One of the GPs I had politely rebuffed earlier came chasing me to hand it over. He did not hang for a gratuity.

At 117, my condom/lube pouch (looks like a wallet) was tucked in the corner of my locker ... I knew it was there as it was the last thing to retrieve after tying my shoes. A GP I had similarly took a pass on noticed it in passing and drew my attention to it.

One thing I must admit took some getting used to: many GPs appear to be watching your every move when you are attending to your locker rituals. If you impute to them "artful dodger" motives, this trend of being observed can be offputting. I think they just hope to be noticed, or await a paycheque, or some other innocuous agenda. Now I simply smile and nod casually.

After the 2nd or third year of going to Brazil i started wearing my clothes in the saunas primarily so i could keep my cash and most importantly my camera on me! I also like paying the guys in the room before we leave vs having to go to the locker room to get cash and taking money out in front of everyone.

13 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Hi All,

There was a thread about clothing ettiquette, and someone mentioned he uses only a towel and sticks his phone there.

Is there no danger of theft while in the cabin with the garoto (or in other places), or do guys in such cases pass through the locker before?

Ditto about money: I left my wallet in the locker of ocurse, and went there after the deed to pay the garoto. However, as I was sitting and interacting with garotos, I sometimes wanted to tip them just for 5-10 minutes of their time. It's very inconvenient to have to go back and forth to the locker in such instances.

Any thoughts about the small questions or bigger issue?

Thanks,

(-:

There is little to no danger of theft at 117 because they have cameras AND the guy would loose his job from the sauna...If you are upstairs they have people who are watching the rooms and downstairs in the changing area, they have guys who are constantly watching the cabins...

I wear a towel only and keep my wallet in the locker and pay in the cabin as I take my bag with all my goodies up with me....

Do what works best for you and is most comfortable....

I have known of thefts from clients lockers not often but has happened all the saunas have cameras but.. particularly at 117 the towel boy is often in the back room or just standing there and can't see 1/2 the clients lockers!  I prefer the saunas that jeep client and garotos lockers in seperate rooms and FORBID the boys from entering the ckients locker area! Like Mezziniu and Lagoa!

Guest bobbalino

I agree ... that segregation aspect establishes boundaries, security, and reduced traffic congestion. 

For those here not yet familiar with 117, the GP lockers are in a broad hallway on the other side of the wall dividing the customers lockers from that hallway. Also on that basement level are the common space sauna, steam, and showers. Within, or adjacent to (however you look at it), the customer area are common space urinals, toilets, and sink area for both GP and customer use. This accounts for GPs milling about within the customer zone. It is also payroll central, including post hoc financial negotiations.

I suppose segregation would require GPs to migrate up to the ground level for another bank of sinks and toilets, admittedly a considerable inconvenience for them if showering, steaming, and wanting to shave, groom, and clean teeth in an integrated way.

The net result of the current structure is considerable traffic jamming within the customer space, a considerably small square footage with 2 benches about 5 sq ft each to sit or put stuff on. There can be up to 2 dozen guys vying for real estate. The lockers are also vertically stacked 3 levels ... patience required at busy times

Somewhat oddly, when I take my stuff to the other length of the GP locker hallway a few feet away from the customer area, a long corridor that has plentiful benches and leads to a bank of suites at BSMNT [hommage to abbreviations] level, I get the impression I am seen as peculiar and violating some implicit standard. It may be I am adding to the complexity of the towel-person's essential responsibility to micro-manage the overall space. Moreover, albeit at a distance, I am closer to the GP locker zone where they are storing their own cash, wads often far exceeding ours.

But not to forget the most important point ... you are in gym locker nirvana with the potential for losing your head and getting distracted from the practical tasks leading up to actually bagging those guys, fantasies coming to reality.