Guest Larstrup

CHICAGO CUBS CLINCH NL DIVISION TITLE

Guest Larstrup

The Chicago Cubs are back and back with the most talented and deepest-field team in decades!

cubs+win+marquee.jpg

By Ravi Baichwal and Liz Nagy
Updated 35 mins ago
CHICAGO (WLS) --

Chicago Cubs fans are celebrating Friday, having clinched the National League Central division title late Thursday night and then beating the Milwaukee Brewers 5 to 4 in the 10th inning at Wrigley Field.

When the St. Louis Cardinals fell to the San Francisco Giants more than an hour after Thursday's game ended, the Cubs officially clinched the National League Central title.

It may have been a day late but the celebratory vibe washed over Wrigley Field at first light.

"These guys were sent home to bed with their grandfather. My husband and I and my brother-in-law wanted to see it happen," Cubs fan Meghan Halky said of her children.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel released a statement overnight, congratulating the team on their accomplishment.

"Congratulations to Joe Maddon, Theo Epstein, the Ricketts family, the players, and the entire Cubs organization on being the best team in baseball and the first team in either league to clinch their division. This has been an unforgettable season at Wrigley but now that the Cubs have clinched, October can't come soon enough. Let's go Cubs!"

Fans seemed relieved to have the division pennant in hand for the first time since 2008.

"I don't want to cry. My father, my grandfather, his grandfather, everybody is such a big Chicago Cubs sports fan and they didn't get to see this. It would mean the world to my dad that his children could see this," said fan Julia Schreiner.

The Cubs face the Brewers at Wrigley Field again Friday. The Zellingen clan brought 23 family members out to watch that game, a significant number. The 20 symbolizes the birth year of their 96-year-old patriarch, George Zelligen, and even he wasn't born the last time the Cubs won the World Series.

"I would just love them to win, that's all," George said.

To be updated as the post-season begins in October. The Cubs have some of the hottest looking ball players in either league. They may play the Giants in the NLDS and if that's the case - we'll be seeing a lot of this guy too.

buster-posey-giants.jpg

Guest Larstrup
10 hours ago, Lucky said:

Well, then, lucky me. I have a ticket to see the Cubs play next week. It cost me a fortune on the secondary market, but it's a really good seat. And I have never been to Wrigley Field.

Night games at Wrigley are great and if you're there for the Reds series all will be under the lights. If you're there for the Cardinals series Friday and Saturday games are in the afternoon which are especially delightful. Less clothing in the stands too! :D

Wrigley is an absolute majestic queen of a ballpark. Hope you have a great time.

Guest Larstrup
On 9/16/2016 at 11:39 PM, Lucky said:

Well, then, lucky me. I have a ticket to see the Cubs play next week. It cost me a fortune on the secondary market, but it's a really good seat. And I have never been to Wrigley Field.

So, tomorrow night, is the Cubs final home game of the regular season before the excitement of post-season begins! Which game did you go to and how did you enjoy the experience? Surely you have some memorable photos to perhaps share?

Last night, The Chicago Cubs clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs! Of course, since the American League won the bullshit All-Star game, home field advantage goes to the American League team for the World Series - should be be so blessed to be a part the final contest.

Where did you sit? What were your most memorable moments of the game?

Did you visit Halsted Street after the game? So excited to hear about your experience.