Guest NiddysNook

New Cocktail Offer!

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

To summarise, not only is the (sometimes cold) food only average but other factors pertain including toilet floors that are swimming in urine, lazy bored-looking waiters who pick their noses then serve customers without washing their hands, etc etc

These are out and out lies and should be considered libelous. Have you ever really been to Niddy's Nook? Come on, who are you? One of the past trolls who just loves to make up inflammatory comments based solely on lies and conjecture?

Shame on you.

The Rose

Guest PapaDavid
name='A Rose By Any Other Name' date='Aug 26 2006, 12:01 AM' post='1659']

These are out and out lies and should be considered libelous. Have you ever really been to Niddy's Nook? Come on, who are you? One of the past trolls who just loves to make up inflammatory comments based solely on lies and conjecture?

Shame on you.

The Rose

My statements are true, sue me if you think not.

Yes I have been three times.

Who am I? - see my profile. At least I have the courage to publish one and show my photo which is more than I can say for my detractors including you and Gaybutton !!!!

Come on publish a public profile and your photo and let us see who you are, or are you too afraid and need to hide behind anonimity?

Come on publish a public profile and your photo and let us see who you are, or are you too afraid and need to hide behind anonimity?

What on earth does a profile picture have to do with it? If you want to publish your photo, that's your choice. I can't speak for 'Rose,' but my choice is not to create a profile. Now you say, "or are you too afraid and need to hide behind anonimity?" as if that is the only reason a person would choose not to publish a profile. Ok, have it your way.

Guest namjai

Well, Papa, I just went to your profile and I do not see a photo or very much info about you. Regarding Niddys Nook, I have many a day there during my last visit and I really can not believe you.

Good news for you! Sawadee forum is back again, and I am sure that you will be happier there. More of a troll attitude over there.

Well, Papa, I just went to your profile and I do not see a photo or very much info about you. Regarding Niddys Nook, I have many a day there during my last visit and I really can not believe you.

Good news for you! Sawadee forum is back again, and I am sure that you will be happier there. More of a troll attitude over there.

Actually he is telling the truth about his profile. I think what you did, Namjai, is to click on his name as it appears next to his posts. What you have to do is scroll up to the main menu. At the top, one of the selections, third from the left, says "Profiles." You have to click on that and then type in his user name. Then his profile will appear, photo and all. It's a little confusing, but that's how the software is set up.

Guest namjai

My apologies to PapaDavid regarding the profile, but as far as comments regarding Niddy's I remain the same.

Thanks for the instructions, GB!

My statements are true, sue me if you think not.

Yes I have been three times.

Well, good for you. You have more than said your piece. Can you shut up now on this topic? My fingers are getting tired of dancing the keyboard tango with you.

The Rose

PS - What is your handle on Sawadee, since you are be so forthright and honest?

Guest Boygeorge

I'm with PapaDavid on this one. Didn't take Chris long to take over this forum. Where are his cohorts of destruction for gay Thailand forums when you don't need them?

A cold clammy cheesburger hauled from Family Mart defines the taste of most of the lovely posters on this thread.

And, the moderators are making a big mistake by promoting the ultimate death of this forum through lack of moderation. Where did you study - with the Elepantspike School of Foolishness?

Prevent this chlamydia of the mind. McDonald's is not nearly as vulgar as Niddy's Nook.

I'm with PapaDavid on this one. Didn't take Chris long to take over this forum. Where are his cohorts of destruction for gay Thailand forums when you don't need them?

A cold clammy cheesburger hauled from Family Mart defines the taste of most of the lovely posters on this thread.

And, the moderators are making a big mistake by promoting the ultimate death of this forum through lack of moderation. Where did you study - with the Elepantspike School of Foolishness?

Prevent this chlamydia of the mind. McDonald's is not nearly as vulgar as Niddy's Nook.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it seems to me the majority of posters who tried it liked the cheeseburger. If nothing else, the complaints about it probably do more to sell the cheeseburgers than convince people not to try it. Until all this nonsense got started I wasn't the slightest bit interested in the cheeseburger. Now I'm going to try one and see for myself what all the fuss is about. I'll bet a lot more people are going to do the same thing.

I'll also bring a medical kit and do a urinalysis of all the urine on the lavatory floor. Perhaps I'll bring a few buckets too, to help bail it all out before it floods the restaurant. Besides, I understand that urea makes excellent fertilizer for pineapples. While I'm at it, I might as well bring a box of tissues to distribute to all the waiters who will be picking their noses just before serving my food. That's if they're all not too lazy to serve my order at all.

Lack of moderation? You should see the messages we've wiped. Then tell me about lack of moderation. What did you have in mind for moderation? Deletion of messages that disagree with your opinion? Please tell me which messages appear on this message board that do not comply with the posting guidelines. There are many messages here. Maybe we moderators missed some of them.

Guest PapaDavid

Well, good for you. You have more than said your piece. Can you shut up now on this topic? My fingers are getting tired of dancing the keyboard tango with you.

The Rose

Still waiting to see your profile and picture ?? What are you hiding? What is the "any other name" that you are hiding? Are you on some wanted list somewhere?

Guest hajuthai

:blush: I have eaten at Niddy. The food was okay. The service okay. The drinks good. Price reasonable. I did not see any bored waiters, all smiling and friendly, so I dont understand the hard critic, but are there a hidden agenda?

Someone who really do not like chris and Niddy? <_<

:blush: Price reasonable. I did not see any bored waiters, all smiling and friendly, so I dont understand the hard critic, but are there a hidden agenda?

Someone who really do not like chris and Niddy? <_<

There is ALWAYS a hidden agenda with posters who so nastily harp on one specific place. But eventually it catches up with them. "Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"

The Rose :D

At the risk of reopening the great cheeseburger controversy, today (September 5) a friend and I went to Niddy's Nook for lunch to try the cheeseburger for ourselves. This was the first time either of us have tried it. Although Chris knows who I am, he did not know in advance that we were coming. Niddy, himself, has no clue who I am.

Contrary to what some people have posted, Chris was indeed there. We arrived at about 12:30 PM. I went to use that lavatory. You know the one . . . the one "swimming in urine." It was absolutely dry, spotless, and odor free.

I also tracked the time between ordering the cheeseburger and having it served. 14 minutes.

The cheeseburger was indeed thick and juicy. The french fries were piping hot, browned properly, and crisp. I can honestly say those were some of the best french fries I've had in Pattaya and my friend agreed. The cheeseburger was served piping hot and the cheese was still melted.

Whether it is truly the tastiest cheeseburger in Pattaya is a question of individual preference. I can honestly say we both liked it and liked the way it was seasoned. I can also honestly say that neither of us could really taste the cheese.

I do think the price of the cheeseburger is too high. I do not think it merits a price tag of 180 baht. I think a more reasonable price would be 120 baht. I think if 180 baht is the price, then more cheese ought to be used, at least one more slice.

Also we were not asked whether we preferred the hamburger to be cooked rare, medium, or well done. I would like to have that option.

Neither of us could figure out what all the fuss is about. The cheeseburger was good and the fries were also good.

On the 1 to 10 scale, I would rate the cheeseburger a 7.

So there you have it. Those are my observations and opinions of the cheeseburger and what I wrote is honest and I believe to be a fair assessment.

We each do have one complaint . . . the ice in the drinks melts too fast. Maybe Chris needs to use colder ice. :)

Guest PapaDavid

At the risk of reopening the great cheeseburger controversy, today (September 5) a friend and I went to Niddy's Nook for lunch to try the cheeseburger for ourselves.

Yawn !! Boring !! Did you get the cheeseburger for free as payment for more NN advertising ?

Guest letmetellu

Well apart from the fact that I have been by there many times around 3pm and it has never been open at the Nook, is this something new early opening Thais don't rise till 3pm.

What I'm looking for is a Home made Hamburger with fresh minced meat, now that would be a novelty.

Ill try again to see if it is.

Guest PapaDavid

I sincerely believe, given enough time, you may eventually post something that demonstrates you have finally learned that stupidity is not a virtue.

Typical - avoiding the question again - you had to be complimentary about the freebie, didn't you!!

As for stupidity - mine is nothing compared to yours for even thinking of patronising a second rate cafe selling plastic hamburgers bought from Family Mart. Ugh !!!

Guest hajuthai

Papa David, how do you know it is plastichamburgers from Family Mart? Have you

seen them coming from Mart?

It could be interesting to know, which restaurants you prefer?

You seem to know a lot, not live here permanently, only visiting Pattaya every 8-9 month in 3-4 weeks - seen in your profile.

Well apart from the fact that I have been by there many times around 3pm and it has never been open at the Nook, is this something new early opening Thais don't rise till 3pm.

Well I guess that if you don't know Thai people who rise before 3pm, then the only Thais you know are those who work at night.

Actually LMTU, you are wrong again. Check out Niddy's website at www.niddysnook.com. It plainly states that they are open from 1PM to 1AM. Every time I walk by, its open exactly then. In fact, it must have been open early if GB went there at 12:30. Yet another example of Niddy's excellent customer service.

As for Papa Puke, don't you ever give up? Obviously, this was a review of someone who has ACTUALLY gone to Niddy's. Unlike those old, bitter, wrinkly geezers (no disrespect to the user with that name! ;) ) who just post crap to get a rise out of people.

I thought GB's review was fair and honest. Also, I doubt very highly he got his meal for free if he was complaining about the price. It's elementary, my dear Watson.

The Rose

TR:)

Im sure GB is very Honest, I know many who know him he seems a nice enough but Alpha male?

If you read what I was saying instead of only reading what you want to take offence to all the time, it says I walk past there nearly every day and it is in darkness at 3pm is is now open early.

WHOOPS!! Was it Monty writing under LMTU's name originally, in saying that Niddy's wasn't open at 3pm, or LMTU writing under Monty's name repeating that!!!

Either way it makes much more sense for a fellow restauranteur to be constantly putting down a competitor, as "LMTU" has been doing to Niddy's Nook, than for Joe Public.

Now does Papa David, the other regular complainer, have a restaurant also?