12is12

Closed or Weak Nights?

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a short Rio stop-over at the beginning of February (next year the Carnival will be a t the end of the month).
On which nights are the saunas closed?
Which are considered weak nights?
Guesstimation: will it stay like this till February?

Thanks
(-:

• Members

I've been during Carnival in 3 diferent years and was open most nights ( If not all), Tuesdays always packed, the boys usually charge more cause they know almost everyone is a horny tourist (both Brazilian and and foreign) and If you don't score during Carnival you haven't been to Carnival. Be prepared to Pay 50 % more for the boys and obviously there will be no free suítes. 

Guest bobbalino

12is12 poster is in Rio prior to carnival '17.

Club 117 is the closest to a Metro stn, feels safest area for walking though I have not felt threatened in New Meio Mundo or Point 202 'hoods and I blend in reasonably. 117 is closed Mon ... hours and days open are historically consistent. For a short trip I would not let free Tues cabin feature at 117 dictate venue choice. My fave of the 3, but personal bias.

Club hopping any given evening not too practical as the 3 venues are not geographically clustered. Maybe two at a time at most. 

I am less familiar with hours at NMM and 202, under same management. Their times have shifted over the years. Best to engine-search closer to dates and sometimes their Facebook pages, though a bit wonky, forecasts upcoming theme events. 

I will be in Rio same time.

22 hours ago, 12is12 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm planning a short Rio stop-over at the beginning of February (next year the Carnival will be a t the end of the month).
On which nights are the saunas closed?
Which are considered weak nights?
Guesstimation: will it stay like this till February?

Thanks
(-:

Monday go to MM....its downtown and will be packaged

The rest of the nights I suggest going to 117 in Gloria...largest variety and always busy

Pointe 202 is convenient if you are in Copa/Ipanema as you can walk to it without taking the train or a taxi

Sexy Rose is a bookstore where you will find locals...safe, not all that clean but there will be some hot locals there...

Learn some basic Portuguese which will help you when you are in the streets, on the beaches, etc. since there are boys all around

Rates vary based on your attractiveness and how busy the sauna is....there are standards but I have seen those be more or less depending on who the garoto is and how busy or how in demand they are....

Thx one and all!

So aside from 117 Mondays, MM and 202 are open all week.....   ?

I'm unfamiliar with Red Rose and even with a "bookstore" format in Brazil.

I thought the wildest thing in bookstores is *free) gloryholes.

Is this Rose like the rest of the saunas?