Gotti

Rio Olympics: Oz and The New York Times on the same page.

• Members

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/16/opinion/brazils-uplifting-olympics.html

Recently Our administrador Totally Oz took the extreme actiion of closing an entre topic cause he thought was unfair and vile to one the most beloved cities by members of this forum . Well, the venerable New York Times although did not go as far also took an unusual position of declaring sick and tired of the unfair criticysm of the city and the well put together Olympics games.. Please read the link above. 

• Members

Brazil has been maligned by the press.  The focus should be on its magnificent culture and people.  It turns out Ryan Lochte was exaggerating.  At his age he should have known better; now he's coming off as immature and privileged.

I've enjoyed watching the Rio Olympics immensely.  Congratulations to the Brazilians who have pulled off a great Games despite all the naysayers!  Viva Brazil!

My apologies Gotti.

I closed the thread in question as 2 members got into a pissing contest and one of them starting throwing accusations at the other that were illegal in nature.  I closed it to give the thread a break. I'll reinstate it over the weekend. 

I thought you had read the hidden remarks and were OK with them. They were vile and disgusting and I would never leave shit like that on the site.

• Members

Okay, well, gee, if it is vile and disgusting and you would never leave it on the site, why are you going to "reinstate it over the weekend?"

Of course, I didn't see the statements, so have no idea what I am talking about. Nothing new there. ;)