Guest luvthai

8 yr old Arizona Boy to be charged as an ADULT!

Guest luvthai

Here we go with the double standards again. An 8 yr old boy has shot and killed his father and another male living with them and has been charged as an adult. Now how in the world can an 8 yr old have any idea of the ramifications of his actions? Yet let a 14-15-16- year old boy drop his jeans and everyone yells he doesn't know what he's doing.

Guest laurence

The boy is being charged with murder. I have not read that he is being tried as an adult. Children under 8 are normally not charged at all for murder.

Yes, as luvthai says, there is a double standard when it comes to sex! A 15 or 16 yo can legally drive a deadly weapon but keep those jeans up and zipped! Well not so much anymore since they wear them below the butt.

Presuming the 8-year-old did it and did it on purpose (it wasn't an accident or he wasn't reasonably defending himself), he ought to be charged with murder as that was what he did; however, he should clearly be charged as an 8-year-old in juvenile court as juvenile court was set up exactly for this purpose and with the proper thinking and resources to deal with kids like this.

I said "presuming", laurence, as even this little weasel deserves a trial. I've learned not to believe everything I read in the newspapers; besides, it wouldn't take much for an Arizona cop to get a 8-year-old to confess (one simple proctological exam with a flashlight ought to do it....).

Guest Steve1903

Seems a strange thing for an 8 year old to do - even for America. Always have sympathy with the people involved in this type of thing but the US as a society on the whole deserves little sympathy with it's "free for all" policy on gun ownership.

I'm not sure we're asking for any sympathy here in the states. But, Steve, maybe you can explain something to me. Thailand, which certainly does not have the expansive gun rights that are prevalent in the United States, has almost three times* the murder rate than the United States. How would you explain that?

[*That's what's reported and, while I trust the reported figures in the US, buddha only knows if the reported figures in Thailand are anywhere near reality.]

Guest laurence

It seems that "daddy" taught his 8yo son how to shoot a gun. He did a good job! One shot in the chest and one in the head for each of his targets. And this from a single shot rifle.

Guest lvdkeyes
It seems that "daddy" taught his 8yo son how to shoot a gun. He did a good job! One shot in the chest and one in the head for each of his targets. And this from a single shot rifle.

According to the news, he shot each of them 4 times. reloading as necessary. If this is true, it was a deliberate crime. However, being charges as an adult is insane. I will be very interested to find out his motive.

Guest laurence
According to the news, he shot each of them 4 times. reloading as necessary. If this is true, it was a deliberate crime. However, being charges as an adult is insane. I will be very interested to find out his motive.

I believe he was "charged" as an adult, but not necessarily will be prosecuted as an adult. Time will tell, but it does sound insane.