Guest bobbalino

google translate app

Guest bobbalino

I do not know if this will come as significant news, but it is now possible to download select languages for google translation and access them offline using your device, eg iphone, but only text and not the audio feature. May take the pressure off the necessity of local sim card in some cases. 

• Members

bobbalino, I agree with JAYBLK that the audio is a godsend.  Messaging the guys with the translator is one thing pero, once they are in your room, your minimal Spanish and his minuscule English will fail.  That is the point where the translator becomes essential if you want to continue carrying on a conversation with your date.  I've used the offline version many times in Colombia whole at museums, tourist attractions and restaurants with my guys.  The translator and the apps are actually what gives me the confidence to try and engage the guys, instead of just having some quick fun and sending them home.  However, if you just want to dine and dash, it may prove helpful as well.