Gotti

117 Last Night

• Members

After an 8 months absence I was back at 117 this past Tuesday night. I was very curious to find out if the economic crisis in Brazil had improved the quality of the boys. Too much responsibility to make a statement in such a macro-economic issue, since it might hightened the expectations of a lot of people and possibly cause some disappointment, but I´m inclined to confirm that yes the quality was noticeably better, although nothing spetacular, there were several aspects that should be taken into consideration: It was not that crowded, it was a cold night and the fact that there were a few guys that interested m ein such a smaller pool  is significant, I´m the type that in the past have left the place without a program in more than one occasion cause did not fancy anyone and this time there were a good 5 or 6 possibilities. I notice inflation in almost everything in Rio, but the boys were still asking for the same price (R$100,00), while the price of admission did go up (Is now R$57.00 on a Tuesday, don´t remember exactly how much was before but it was lower than that). I´m not the haggling type, if the guy asks R$100,00 and I think he is worth it I go for it, some people might get for less. If the guy asks more than that I Just say "no thanks", but nobody went over the treshold, another sign that the boys did not apply the inflation on the period. Lots of new faces, the old ones were all in best shape,so they are working on it. A curiosity: of the 4 boys I consulted with, 3 were called Rafael! On a sad note a delicious boy poped up at the end, when I was already commited (Rafael) waiting for a suite. Blondish type (probably dyed), killer body, young and masculine,  winning smile. . His name is Hugo. Rafael was a bit of a letdown, probably not his fault my mind was with the other guy that made such a impression, yes, I´m like that, Thank god I manage to get his phone number;

A huge popular member of this forum was in attendance the same night, he does not know that I know who he is and I´m not mentioning his name since he might want to be incognito, let he write about it if so he choses.

• Members
On 6/22/2016 at 2:11 AM, Gotti said:

snip - 

"It was not that crowded, it was a cold night "

Yes, cold weather does keep many garotos away from the saunas. 

"while the price of admission did go up (Is now R$57.00 on a Tuesday, don´t remember exactly how much was before but it was lower than that."

The admission price is higher on Tuesday nights because the "cabines" (rooms) are free for use by clients and garotos. 

• Members

I didn´t know 117 raises prices on Tuesdays nights to make up for the free suite offer. Kinda a scam isn´t it? Anyway, I´m under the impression that I paid less than R$57,00 on a Tuesday several months ago cause is the night that I usually go since is the most crowded. The important thing is the boys didn´t raise their fees in this period, at least the ones I talked to, while everything else in Brazil did go up. Also it should be noted that my impression on  the quality of the boys was based on one night only, so should be taken into consideration, could have been a good night although less crowded than usual.

On this site as well as at "the other one"-- there has been lots of discussion as to the fee that the sauna guys in Brasil request and have requested.  When I read R$100 AND slightly upwards and bargaining, I cringe, for that "aint" much money for any of us here to pay.  Why do I write this?  It's definitely not the equivalent in dollars or pounds or Euros, and one would fork out hundreds if in certain European countries as well as various cities within the US.

As far as the entrance fee goes, I am not commenting.  So men, really think about the money equivalence when you're at the saunas and go from there.  Long ago when I first read about the saunas in Brasil, the man who exposed all of us to them wrote that if a guy was with him more than fifteen minutes just to keep company and encourage play, he would give him at least five R$, and during the late 90s-- that was good money.  He would tip the towel guy as well.

Well, during my travels to Brasil and to the saunas in Rio and to Sao Paulo-- I would follow in the foot steps of the man who introduced all of us "old timers" to the sauna scene and have felt the better for it!

...hope to journey back to Brasil in 2017 going to Salvador [Bahia], Sao Paulo, Porte Alege [a weekend only and my first time] and Rio.  ...will commence with making definite plans during the latter part of 2016.