Guest lurkerspeaks

Barbra in concert

Guest lurkerspeaks

I consider myself so lucky. Barbra Streisand announced a handful of concert dates for August. I was able to get a ticket to see her in Vegas on Aug 6. I have been such a huge fan of hers since I first saw her in Hello Dolly in 1969 (I was a mere 8 years old then) and shortly thereafter seeing her in Funny Girl. Growing up, I had posters of her (Stoney End, etc) on my bedroom walls. I honestly didn't think I would ever have the opportunity to see her perform live..what with her stage fright and her increasing age..

It is most definitely a once in a life time experience I am soooooooo looking forward to.

bette-midler-hello-dolly-today-inline-2-

FunnyGirlFinale.jpg

51uINqr1iZL.jpg

• Members

When I first heard about Barbra Striestrand's upcoming concerts, I went to purchase tickets and found that the places where
I had wanted to be seated were far out of my price range, 200+in the SF Bay area.  Guess I'll continue to listen to her cds, and if she ever goes to Las Vegas for some special show, I might fork up the funds, board a plane, and go!

Guest lurkerspeaks

Her Vegas performance is at the new T-mobile arena. I was told that even the "nose bleed" seats are not bad. That being said, my ticket was the third out if four tiers ( first tier being best and fourth being nose bleeds) and it was  just a little over $200 with all the taxes, etc. And it was in the lower level instead of upper level. I would of loved better seats, but i figured better to be there in person than to not be there at all. 

• Members

I'm pretty good about avoiding expensive tickets. I paid $172 to see Hamilton. Maybe $202 to see The Book of Mormon. Then I went crazy and bought a ticket secondhand to a Cubs game at the end of the season. It's a pretty good seat, but at $245, I couldn't spend more! So, it was a shock when they added a $70 service charge to the $245. I saw it just as I was hitting the "complete purchase" button, but too late to stop. Thankfully my protests caused them to refund me $30 of the fee.

I wouldn't pay a lot to see Barbra or any singer unless it was up close. If you can see them as only a speck, why not just listen to the album? When I took my sister to see The Beatles way back when, it was at a ballpark, and they were quite far from the seats, probably to prevent people trying to jump the stage. But the girls screams were so loud, you couldn't hear The Beatles anyway.

It was an experience. I don't remember the year, but my car was a 1970 model.

I would pay to see Justin Bieber, but again, only if up close and personal!!!

(I did get to see Yoko and Sean up close once. They passed me coming out an elevator. Neither sang, but they were friendly.)