Gotti

Ungrateful Posters

• Members

Some newbies that have never been to Brazil during weeks and months gather information from previous post on this forum  and ask questions to its members to such detail that reaches  the point of almost making the trip redundant. They finally feel secure to take the plunge, spend time there, have a blast, get back home and not a single line about their experience. When we gonna learn?

• Members
2 hours ago, Gotti said:

Some newbies that have never been to Brazil during weeks and months gather information from previous post on this forum  and ask questions to its members to such detail that reaches  the point of almost making the trip redundant. They finally feel secure to take the plunge, spend time there, have a blast, get back home and not a single line about their experience. When we gonna learn?

I want to join you in expressing comments over the precipitous disappearance of the previous new posters that inquired heavily about Brazil prior to their first-time visit to that country.  

The new posters had many good and realistic questions.  In response to those questions, the new posters learned accurate and helpful information from us that they no doubt used during their visit to Brazil.

As you wrote, "They finally feel secure to take the plunge, spend time there, have a blast, get back home and not a single line about their experience, - - "

I would not call them ungrateful, as you did. That is a bit harsh.   

The negative downside to new posters coming to the forum to repeatedly ask for information from experienced travelers (then not getting back to the forum after their trip) is that some of us might not be so generous in sharing our experiences with future new posters.

• Members

I have a lot of sympathy with Gotti's view. On topics where I am knowledgeable, I always try to answer posted enquiries. Often I get private messages as a follow-up with more questions and I always answer them. I find that very often, but not always, I do not receive any thanks from the enquirer.

For my part, I have been helped here on various topics by experienced and knowledgeable posters and I make a point of always thanking them.

I always try to post the experiences I have when I travel.  I do so as I hope it will help others.  I have always believed that it is best when we all share information that we learn.  Of course, I like photos as well. But, I really do appreciate hearing a travel report from someone and the first thing I do when I visit a new place is to try to find information that someone here has posted.

Before I made my very first trip to Brasil in 2002, I asked innumerable questions at "the other site," and the men responded.  When I returned and shared, others would ask questions: I would respond, for I believed and still to this day some 14 years later want to add timely information to assist others.  I've even had guys, many of them, write me privately to solicit guidance.  I was helped: I believe in returning.

But, I'm with the guy who started this thread!  It's the same of youngsters receiving scholarships and never sending a thank you note to the non profits or agencies or individuals granting these to the recipients. 

• Members

I Hey guys!

I hear you loud and clear. And I agree with you. I am going to Rio this summer in 2 wks. I have read all the threads on Brazilian saunas and it's helped me immensely.

When I'm back I'll give a FULL REPORT.

I promise. :D

David 

PS come meet me in the saunas!