Gaybutton

The Latest "Flying Farang"

We haven't had a "flying farang" story in quite a while, so I suppose we were overdue. Here's the latest from the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS:

_____

GERMAN NATIONAL DIES IN SUSPECTED SUICIDE FALL FROM PATTAYA CONDO ROOF

A German national suspected of committing suicide was found dead following a fall from the roof of a Pattaya apartment block.

Responding to a report received by Police Lieutenant Colonel Aniwat Thichan at 6.00 am. on the 8th November 2008, an emergency response squad consisting of the police, a Banglamung hospital team and a Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team rushed to the scene.

On the ground outside Building A of the View Talay Condominium, Project 1, Moo. 12, Jomtien, police found the dead body of a German national, Michael Ulrich Schwintenschlogi (52). He was wearing a green shirt and jeans and was lying on his side covered in blood. He had sustained a broken skull, arms and legs. Police found 1000 baht in his pocket and some documents, which were kept as evidence.

Police inspected the immediate area including the roof-deck on the 15th floor and then went to investigate Mr. Schwintenschlogi’s room on the 5th Floor. They found no evidence of fighting, or a sign of anything unusual.

Police questioned his wife, Mrs. Suwanna Wantawee (42) residing at 3/427 Moo. 10 Nongprue, who said they had been living together for more than 7 years. Mrs. Suwanna explained that she was in the room when the incident occurred. She believed that her husband was drinking at a bar near their place and he had called her saying that he would be back soon. Not long after his phone call, the security guard knocked on the door and told her that he had jumped from the roof-deck.

She also explained that her husband rented out 10 rooms in the same condo. Business was very bad now with their rooms empty and her husband owed his friend about 6000 Euros which he could not pay back on time. He was also suffering from heart disease. She presumed that he killed himself because of the stress.

Police revealed that they had questioned witnesses and were told that Mr. Schwintenschlogi and his wife occasionally had arguments. Police will be gathering more evidence surrounding the suicide and the German Embassy has been notified of the incident and that proceedings are ongoing.

And this, from PATTAYA ONE:

_____

German Businessman Jumps to his Death from View Talay 1.

Just before daybreak on Saturday, Police Lieutenant Anuwat from Pattaya Police Station was called to View Talay Condominium 1 located on the Thappraya Road leading to Jomtien Beach to investigate a suspected suicide. At the base of the building lay the body of Mr. Michael Ulrich Schwingenschlogel aged 52 from Germany. Trauma injuries suggested he had fallen from a high floor at the condominium block.

The body was identified by his Thai Wife, Khun Suana aged 42 who was understandably distraught after witnessing her Husband’s suicide. She explained to Police that they had been married for 5 years and the deceased ran a condo rental business in Pattaya which was not going very well. This led him to drink heavily on a regular basis.

In the early hours of Saturday Morning, the pair had gone to a bar located on the ground floor of the building. Mr. Ulrich made his way back to his 5th floor apartment alone, leaving his Wife downstairs. It appears that Mr. Ulrich made his way to the 16th floor and jumped off the building and his body fell in front of the bar and in front of his Wife. Forensic evidence has been taken from 16th floor and Police are satisfied this was indeed a suicide.

The German Embassy in Bangkok has been informed of the death and are currently conducting their own investigation into the death.

Guest MonkeySee

I find it interesting that Pattaya Daily News has a somewhat different report than Pattaya One. What a sad situation either way. With difficult economic times, we will probably see more reports like this.

Guest Steve1903

If I ever went for suicide as a solution to my problems I dont think I'd choose to do it this way. Seems so messy. I'd opt for the gun to the head, assuming a gun is easy to find in LOS.

Besides, what if you leap from the window at the same time as some poor bugger walks by down below......OUCH!! :o

I find it interesting that Pattaya Daily News has a somewhat different report than Pattaya One.

There's certainly nothing new in that. Sometimes it's difficult to be sure the two are even talking about the same thing.

I'd opt for the gun to the head, assuming a gun is easy to find in LOS.

You don't have to. According to several news reports, all you have to do is find a local street gang and make eye contact with them. Apparently, that's enough to get them to take care of the gun-to-the-head problem.

Guest laurence
If I ever went for suicide as a solution to my problems I dont think I'd choose to do it this way. Seems so messy. I'd opt for the gun to the head, assuming a gun is easy to find in LOS.

I did some research on this recently, by accident (no pun intended), and it seems that jumping is one of the easiest and fastest and surest ways of ending it! Sometimes a gunshot can leave one a vegetable unless it is a shotgun or .44 Magnum. And, for sure, a gunshot is very messy!

Guest joseph44
I wonder if anyone keeps statistics? Surely Thailand must top the league for this phenomenon by a long long way?

I don't know how it's dealt with in other countries, but where I'm from, suicides are kept out of the press, for obvious reasons.

Guest fountainhall
it seems that jumping is one of the easiest and fastest and surest ways of ending it!

I've always wondered - and hope will never find out - what thoughts come to mind as you plunge earthwards. I once fell when walking on a pavement, a result of a grille being badly fitted to a drain. Although it only took a couple of seconds, time seemed to go in slow motion and it felt more like 12 seconds. My concern over 'flying' therefore is that I might remember something that really made me want to reverse course half way down. I guess, though, if I was totally smashed (apologies for the pun), my mind would be in no state to remember anything.

Guest jomtien
I've always wondered - and hope will never find out - what thoughts come to mind as you plunge earthwards.

Odd you should ask. I was searching out suicide stuff on the web today and ran across this.

“I wanted to disappear,” he said. “So the Golden Gate was the spot. I’d heard that the water just sweeps you under.” On the bridge, Baldwin counted to ten and stayed frozen. He counted to ten again, then vaulted over. “I still see my hands coming off the railing,” he said. As he crossed the chord in flight, Baldwin recalls, “I instantly realized that everything in my life that I’d thought was unfixable was totally fixable—except for having just jumped.”

It's from an interesting New Yorker piece about the appeal of the Golden Gate Bridge as the place to depart from :o

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2003/10/13/031013fa_fact

It's from an interesting New Yorker piece about the appeal of the Golden Gate Bridge as the place to depart from :o

Funny, I have always wanted to depart from SF as well. But, my fantasy was in a cell in Alcatraz being gang banged by 20 latiino / black gang members. :) Oh, well, I guess that is why Heintz makes 57 varieties. :)

Guest Steve1903

I doubt that you could even fit 20 guys into an Alcatraz cell, they're not very big. Will confess to the old prison rape fantasy myself though. Just so long as it remains in the world of fantasy :D

Guest MonkeySee
If I ever went for suicide as a solution to my problems I dont think I'd choose to do it this way. Seems so messy.

My brother owned a duplex and had an elderly gentleman for a tenant. Apparently he had health issues towards the end and decided to see Jesus a little earlier than nature had planned. He ate his gun, blowing a hole through the roof of his mouth and brain matter all over his bedroom wall. It wasn't a pretty sight. Jumping is messy, too. If I had to pick a method, I think I would take some pills and just go to sleep.

Guest shockdevil
Funny, I have always wanted to depart from SF as well. But, my fantasy was in a cell in Alcatraz being gang banged by 20 latiino / black gang members. :) Oh, well, I guess that is why Heintz makes 57 varieties. :)

OMG…You are too funny GT. Although, I must admit that your fantasy would make a hot video. I am just picturing my fraternity brothers acting out the scene with you as the cinematic star.

Guest MonkeySee

OMG…You are too funny GT. Although, I must admit that your fantasy would make a hot video. I am just picturing my fraternity brothers acting out the scene with you as the cinematic star.

I think Shockdevil's fantasy would make a much better video. And GT, I think you would have a much better time, too.

In country and have not had time to write till now. In Bangkok and leaving in two days for seven days in Cambodia with my special someone. I just read this thread and this board has gone from a man suicide to fantasy about prison gang rape. I knew if I quit writting for a while that the topics would degrade, but really now---where did the board's class act go to? I can see you all need a good spanking and I did bring a whip. :p

Guest shockdevil
...He ate his gun, blowing a hole through the roof of his mouth and brain matter all over his bedroom wall. It wasn't a pretty sight. Jumping is messy, too. If I had to pick a method, I think I would take some pills and just go to sleep.

Either plunging to one's death or blowing their head off is quite a mess and a funeral director's nightmare. Like MonkeySee, I think I would do the pill thing or a Jim Jones* cocktail (cyanide and Kool-Aid). At least with the poison option my family can still have an open casket funeral without much reconstructive makeup.

Uh, how did we get on this morbid topic?

* About Jim Jones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

Guest lvdkeyes

If you want to commit suicide and not be messy about it sit in a tub of hot water and take a razor to your wrists, not across, but up from thumb at pulse point to direction of your elbow. This kind of cut is not repairable before you die. You will peacefully go off to sleep and never return. Whoever finds you just has to pull the plug in the tub and the water and blood will go right down.

Guest Steve1903

"...and I did bring a whip"

No thanks, tried that already. Stings like hell.

This one's turning into a bit of an A to Z on suicide. Do hope everyone's feeling tranquil. :mellow: