mvan1

Colombia - addresses - something to study before you get there

• Members

Using street addresses to locate specific places in Colombia can be confusing. However, after you understand the unusual way addresses are assigned to buildings and places in Colombia, getting to an address is relatively easy.

Last year, during my trip to Medellin, two different cab drivers could not locate the address for Club Tobi that is located in the middle of town. Part of the confusion of finding the place was caused by heavy traffic that was present at the time I decided to visit the club. As I wrote in another thread, I ended up paying the cab drivers then getting out of the cab and then walking to Club Tobi.

One thing that made it easy for me to find Club Tobi is the below cited web article that explains, in detail, how to decipher and find places based on the unusual street address system found in Colombia.

Anyone planning a trip to Colombia might want to print the article as a reference (or at least study the article) for when they arrive in Colombia.

http://www.medellinliving.com/how-to-locate-street-addresses-in-colombia/

Happy travels