Suckrates

Share Your Holidays

• Members

Since Holidays will start with Thanksgiving, the traditional time of Sharing, wouldnt it be nice if we did some sharing here?

Tell us if you will be cooking and hosting, or simply being a welcum guest at a family/friend dinner, and if you are a Turkey or Ham person ?

IF you are hosting, tell us what is one of your "signature dishes", and if you care to, SHARE the recipe with us.

Grandma is hosting a party of "one", and as tradition has it, will be cooking herself the Thanksgiving meal, which will include my signature dish, Twice cooked Brussel sprouts w/granny smith apples and currants in a chicken stock/balsamic reduction....

Looking forward to a nice quiet day of feasting.

thanksgiving-dinner-table-3-for-thanksgi

• Members

This year (unless some poor naked boy shows up on my doorstep) I am cooking a standing rib roast. Just felt like something different. Of course, he can share the roast also if he does not show up in time to cook a turkey. ^_^

Visiting family and friends in NC for Christmas when I will cook the whole enchilada meaning turkey, cornbread dressing, green beans, etc.

Best regards,

RA1

This year (unless some poor naked boy shows up on my doorstep) I am cooking a standing rib roast.

That, in itself, sounds arousing. :thumbsup:

Actually that is the best cut of beef out of the whole beast. I think I said one time before that I allow myself that about once a decade, given the cholesterol count.

Post a picture here!

Guest lurkerspeaks

My planned feast this year.. Roast young turkey (you all know I like'em young), jalapeno cornbread stuffing, candied mashed sweet potatoes, roasted butternut squash, corn/cream cheese casserole, cranberry sauce, giblet gravy, freshly baked rolls, and for dessert, pecan pie and pumpkin cheesecake. Oh, and I find time to locate before then, a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau

• Members

Suckrates, Your Twice Cooked Brussel Sprouts preparation sounds great (especially the balsamic reduction. Ms Ann's Brussel Sprout Muffins look pretty good too. And I'm not even that much of a Brussel Sprouts fan. Of course, count me in for the standing rib roast.

I'm tasked with bringing the stuffing. I did a test run making some last week that didn't turn out so well. Then I sampled Costco's Turkey Sausage & Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing. Great stuff...don't bother making your own.

• Members

Suckrates, Your Twice Cooked Brussel Sprouts preparation sounds great (especially the balsamic reduction. Ms Ann's Brussel Sprout Muffins look pretty good too. And I'm not even that much of a Brussel Sprouts fan. Of course, count me in for the standing rib roast.

I'm tasked with bringing the stuffing. I did a test run making some last week that didn't turn out so well. Then I sampled Costco's Turkey Sausage & Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing. Great stuff...don't bother making your own.

Grandma LOVES balls, and if you love balls AND stuffing, sausage and cranberries, try this: a NEW twist on Stuffing that will surprise and delite your guests:

Cranberry Stuffing Balls Recipe

exps2496_CS0706C171.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 pound bulk pork sausage (you can substitute turkey sausage)
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1 package (7 ounces) herb-seasoned stuffing croutons (or packaged stuffing)
  • 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, halved (can use whole berry cranberry sauce, well DRAINED)
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth

Directions

1. In a skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion until sausage is done and vegetables are tender. Drain excess fat. In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture with remaining ingredients and enough broth to hold mixture together. Shape into 8-10 balls. Place in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.

• Members

This year I'm flying back to my Utah home and spending Thanksgiving with my niece and her 2 boys. They are currently taking care of my house while I'm in San Diego. I love roast turkey and the leftovers for sandwhiches. But, none of them like roast turkey. However, a local meat market sells breaded turkey steaks that we all love. So, this year we'll be having our usual turkey steaks. I wish these turkey steaks were available in San Diego. It's one of my favorite meals.

post-100225-0-15618900-1448237328_thumb.

I am a little nervous about flying back to Utah. During my last flight to my Portland home on Halloween weekend, I developed blood clots in my lungs. Doctor says I'm good to go but I sure don't want that to happen again.

Keeping my onefinger is crossed and hoping that the doctor is right. ^_^

• Members

Grandma LOVES balls, and if you love balls AND stuffing, sausage and cranberries, try this: a NEW twist on Stuffing that will surprise and delite your guests:

Cranberry Stuffing Balls Recipe

exps2496_CS0706C171.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 pound bulk pork sausage (you can substitute turkey sausage)
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
  • 1 package (7 ounces) herb-seasoned stuffing croutons (or packaged stuffing)
  • 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, halved (can use whole berry cranberry sauce, well DRAINED)
  • 2 eggs, well beaten
  • 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth

Directions

1. In a skillet, cook sausage, celery and onion until sausage is done and vegetables are tender. Drain excess fat. In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture with remaining ingredients and enough broth to hold mixture together. Shape into 8-10 balls. Place in a greased shallow baking dish. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.

MsAnn "Likes" this...