Guest zipperzone

What the F*** Texas ?

Guest zipperzone

The good folks of Houston have voted overwhelmingly to overthrow a recently approved law that gave protection to gays and other minorities in the area of employment and housing.

I don't get it. The Supreme Court decreed this year that same sex marriage was the law of the land.

So these Texans think they can ignore this and vote to discriminate against those who are gay?

And if they won in Houston why not start trying it on for size elsewhere?

Reminds me of the Domino theory. This could get real ugly, real fast.

There is not just one Houston, but numerous neighborhoods, many the diametrical opposite of Montrose. An ex-in-law lived in Houston in a very conservative neighborhood (can't recall where right now). Deliberately chosen I think -- he was a closet case if ever there was.

• Members

Houston is a hodge-podge of political/legal districts. One corner may be dry and across the street open bars, etc. Houston has more than once been called the largest unregulated zoning district in the world or US, if you prefer. Driving around or divining what Houston is can be daunting, figuratively and literally. It runs on oil and NASA, partly thanks to LBJ.

Best regards,

RA1

Giving the legal right to marry is not the same as a full anti-discrimination law. There are differences. I do think the SCOTUS will eventually go that route but it is a process.

I was very disappointed in Houston. I guess people were really worried gay men would be in women's restrooms. Very odd. As a gay man, I abhor women's restrooms. I much prefer the men's rooms and peeking to see the size of the dick beside me.