TotallyOz

Will America take any Refugees?

• Members

How many more should we take? We already have taken millions of south of the border economic refugees. Why have not our "allies" such as Saudia Arabia and many other middle east countries taken them in? Or, why have they not sought refuge in any of those countries? Could some part of it be because the European countries offer many "welfare" benefits? Without a doubt I would choose such a country if I were fleeing from Muslim tyranny.

Best regards,

RA1

There are many Middle Eastern countries that have taken in refugees. They take them in as part of a brotherhood pact as opposed to giving them refugee status. I know many that moved to Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan and Turkey. I was in Jordan recently and was able to travel around the country and there were countless Syrian and Palestinian refugee camps. So many in fact, I was surprised.

The reason I got to thinking about this today was the Pope's plea and then a friend of mine from Alabama posted that she wondered what would happen if every Christian Church in the USA took in just one family. Reading that and the responses to her post really just got me thinking about what we should do.

Thanks for the update and information. Were there millions in those camps? Just curious.

Best regards,

RA1

No, but the camps did cover a city area. Not sure how many there were inside them. When I went to Ajun Castle in the north, I ran into at least 40 buses of children that were being schooled in the local schools and all were refugees.

• Members

I've no wish to dispute what TotallyOz says, but my understanding is that the Syrians etc who live in Arab countries, such as Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states, are not permitted to work. Of those without resources, Saudi Arabia this year has accepted 33 refugees.