TownsendPLocke

Natural Prostate health

• Members

As I get older it is obvious to me that I am having issues with my Prostate. I have frequent issues with having to get up during the night to urinate(it is a rare night that I can sleep all through the night) as well as frequent urination during the day.

Also I have an uncomfortable "itch" down there.

Have any of you found a good "natural" solution to such issues?

I have no interest in involving doctors who only see pharmaceutical/surgical solutions. I have never had any surgery and I don't trust 95% of the Medical industry.

Odd to post this here-but another side effect of a swollen prostate is a decrease in erections/delays in achieving an orgasm and so I guess there is a tie in.

• Members

One "natural" solution is to die young, but I don't recommend it. Otherwise, as has been stated many times herein and elsewhere, the health and care of the prostate can be a complicated issue. There are all sorts of herbs and extracts that are sold to diminish or alleviate the problems you mention. Look at the literature and give one or more of them a try.

However, what I do recommend is that you see a urologist often enough to know when and if you develop prostate cancer. If cancer is found there is another whole bagful of tea leaves that might be consulted in dealing with this. What one might do involves how old, other health issues and the Gleason score. Treatment ranges from watchful waiting to radiation to surgical removal. None of these are perfect answers and all involve some trade-off. The good news is that generally there is no rush ONCE you KNOW what you have.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest callipygian

That's just reckless to convey to anyone. Once you know that you have something - time is often not on your side.

Tea leaves aside, the only good advice you offered was regular check-ups.

• Members

Prostate cancer is one of the slowest growing cancers we know. Most men with prostate cancer will die with it, not of it. Obviously there are exceptions to everything. One being if you develop prostate cancer in your 40's or even 50's, it should be monitored much more often than if developed later. Also, if developed early, likely something proactive will need to be seriously considered.

My tea leaves comment was to make the post lighter, appreciation thereof that likely is above your pay grade.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest zipperzone

I have no interest in involving doctors who only see pharmaceutical/surgical solutions. I have never had any surgery and I don't trust 95% of the Medical industry.

Odd to post this here-but another side effect of a swollen prostate is a decrease in erections/delays in achieving an orgasm and so I guess there is a tie in.

I understand your scepticism re doctors but I think it would be in your best interests to overcome that and seek out a urologist.

If it turns out that you have a problem - treat it..... It may well be a slow growing cancer but it can still spread to other organs with dire consequences.

Guest callipygian

Prostate cancer is one of the slowest growing cancers we know.

And so is ignorance. Yet we know how that often turns out too.

My brother, a trophy mantle of health and accomplishment - was diagnosed in the spring of his 32nd year. By winter of that same year he was gone.

appreciation thereof that was then, as it still continues to be, is indeed above my pay grade.

As far as you humor is considered - A paper cannot be graded until it has been turned in. You might want to try this guy....he works miracles.....and his paygrade is reasonable.

5c4b4aef7ceb20bfb6a3ff61137dee34.jpg

• Members

I know I am wasting my time (and maybe yours) but did you read my post which clearly said if prostate cancer is developed early in life it can be very serious and aggressive?

Sorry for your loss.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest callipygian

I know I am wasting my time (and maybe yours) but did you read my post which clearly said if prostate cancer is developed early in life it can be very serious and aggressive?

Sorry for your loss.

Best regards,

RA1

There's a lot to be said about men who waste their time responding to people like me RA1. I've personally, never viewed that as a waste of time myself - but since you've jumped on this I'm compelled to respond.

Yes, I did, thoroughly read your post and even if my intellectual pay-grade missed your lightness I could not disagree with your facts even if I wanted to.

I wasn't responding to your facts as much as I was responding to your attitude which suffocated me in some lightness of pay grade I should, seemingly...belong to.

Guest Hoover42

And so is ignorance. Yet we know how that often turns out too.

My brother, a trophy mantle of health and accomplishment - was diagnosed in the spring of his 32nd year. By winter of that same year he was gone.

appreciation thereof that was then, as it still continues to be, is indeed above my pay grade.

As far as you humor is considered - A paper cannot be graded until it has been turned in. You might want to try this guy....he works miracles.....and his paygrade is reasonable.

5c4b4aef7ceb20bfb6a3ff61137dee34.jpg

Oh no. :( So sorry you lost your brother.

After a few thousand years of experience you'd think physicians could deal with these problems by now.