TotallyOz

British Airways SUCKS

I hate this airline. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

OK. Now that my temper tantrum is over, I had to take this airline from USA to Middle East. It was very inexpensive and for business class. The business class seats suck. Every lounge I was in sucks including the main ones in London where there were not enough plugs to put in adapters.

My check in at Lexington, KY was the worst experience I had in 20 years of flying. I fly business and I get 3 bags free. I took 8 and had to pay for 5. They weight each one and for any that were overweight I had to repack them. Most were only a few ounces over but I had to get them to the right pound. I was livid. It took 2 extra hours.

Then, they ran out of business class food even for those of us that paid full fare. There were flight attendants flying for free ahead of me eating as well.

It was just a pure shitty experience and one I'll never have again. Fuck off British Airways!

Guest lahulpe

I always had good experiences with BA.

Sorry you had such a terrible time.

I only travel with a carry on from Europe to Phoenix ( I have places in both so I don't take any clothe with me )

Guest callipygian

I don't believe this for one moment. Oz traveling with only 8 pieces of luggage!? Not a chance!

Here's a photo of Oz's true luggage he tried checking and the nightmare he caused for the Lexington airport baggage handlers.

Lost+Luggage+art-sacramento+intl+arprt-f

Guest callipygian

Fuck off British Airways!

This was not an Innocuous communication. Let's pray you were not using the AT&T network to communicate this terrorist-like tantrum :whistle::rolleyes:

• Members

OK. Now that my temper tantrum is over, I had to take this airline from USA to Middle East. It was very inexpensive and for business class. The business class seats suck. Every lounge I was in sucks including the main ones in London where there were not enough plugs to put in adapters.

My check in at Lexington, KY was the worst experience I had in 20 years of flying. I fly business and I get 3 bags free. I took 8 and had to pay for 5. They weight each one and for any that were overweight I had to repack them. Most were only a few ounces over but I had to get them to the right pound. I was livid. It took 2 extra hours.

Then, they ran out of business class food even for those of us that paid full fare. There were flight attendants flying for free ahead of me eating as well.

It was just a pure shitty experience and one I'll never have again. Fuck off British Airways!

You didn't say anything about the bogus "fuel charge" added to some tickets.

-

• Members

BA= Bloody Awful!

I have only flown British Airways in F and in inter-Europe C. I was less than impressed with ground service (the Concord Room lounge, while roomy, leaves a lot to be desired servicewise and the transport of F passengers to the plane is lacking anything close to "first class") add in the taxes and fees for the pleasure of flying into LHR and you can see why I avoid them.

• Members

I would have been extremely "pissed" if I had to endure your experience! I would still be bitchin' today and would have filed a complaint in hopes of being compensated in some way! :(:(

• Members

Actually, anyone who has a good to better experience on any airline should be pleased and count himself lucky for that trip. F has been gone for 20 or more years, replaced by "add-ons" such as small motel rooms, unprounceable food, etc. Business is almost what passes for what now is called cattle class. You pay how many hundred dollars or give up how many miles for 1.5 inch more seat? We won't even go into cattle class, named not only for how the airlines treat you there but also how many act there. The airlines are not the only but they are the leading exponent of businesses that treat their customers like dirt. Are all airline pax into S&M? Why does anyone pay to be treated like this?

Why does arriving at the terminal 1-2 hours before the flight, actually leaving on time and arriving an hour later, on time, seem like a wonderful flight? Answer: Because it almost never happens, when this should be quite ordinary and expected.

Best regards,

RA1

I'm one of the few that enjoys air travel . I don't have the problems that most seem to have. Tomorrow I am flying to Bangkok from Boston. 24 hours of flying. I am more than happy with my bed in business class. I don't need 5 star dining . I'm more than happy with just the salad and appetizers they serve. The mid flight snacks a fine. I don't want to be weighted down on food on long flights . I don't drink, so wine list isn't important to me. I know this is important to most. While most are happy with what they serve, there are still those that aren't happy unless it's a $250.00 bottle. I'm happy that I can check in 3, 75-lb bags for free. I get to take a shower in the lounges and eat or drink more.

I get all this for a $750.00 airfare. I find it a pretty good deal. That's what the fares were 25 years ago. These low fares allow me and a lot others to see the world.

I'm not saying it's perfect by any means, but I think many people like to complain because thats what we do nowadays .

So while many people are writing on flyertalk today about the miserable time they had, I'm finishing my packing and will happily take my seat tomorrow, and spend my time daydreaming about the 1000 boys in Bangkok just waiting for me to arrive.

• Members

I certainly agree that attitude is critical and you have a good one. Going to BKK is and should be fun. However, I am curious about your $750 fare and your "free" 3- 75 pound checked bags. Could anyone just access this flight on the internet and as a first time flyer get It at the price you suggest? Surely access to lounges is not included in a one time ticket?

I am not picking on you. Whatever you did and do to get the price and concessions you get is apparently worth it to you.

I, too, enjoy air travel. It has been my whole career. I have thousands of hours riding in the back of airliners but I have not done so since 2001. I also have thousands of hours in the left front seat which is now and always was my preference. There is no free lunch. Please enjoy your choices and I will continue to enjoy mine.

Best regards,

RA1

I do have status. I fly over 100k miles a year an earn many perks. I find that the "I fly once a year person" complains less than most. They don't know what to expect and a so happy to be going somewhere. It's the people that fly a few times a year and high elites that complain the most. Coach is a tough place to be, but you can always move upfront for a few more $$. Fares are all over the place, but if Bangkok is $1500, I wait. Usually get it for under 1k.

I'll be the first to admit flying is not perfect, but people wake up hating every moment of the day they are flying. In the grand seem of life, flying is hardly the worst thing we will deal with over a lifetime. At least we have notice canceling headphones so I don't have to listen to the guy next to me groaning all day about how miserable he is flying today. ^_^

• Members

I think a corollary to your comment about people hating to fly is similar to those who find little to no satisfaction in their jobs or careers. I feel sorry for those who think that way. However, there is no perfect job (mine certainly is not) but one's attitude makes a tremendous difference. Every time I think today is a bad day, I try to stop and think there is nothing I would rather be doing.

Thanks for your reply. I hope whatever you do to need to fly 100M miles a year is something you also enjoy.

Best regards,

RA1