Guest josephga

Hi everyone

Guest josephga

Been awhile just popped in to say hello. S till with the bf going on 2 years soon. Was recently diagnosed with

parkinson's but taking the news well fine long as I stick with my medications. Hope everyone is well.

• Members

Good to hear from you josephga...it's been a minute. Sorry to hear about your diagnoses. Sending you positive energy from the eastern shore. Keep your spirits up and please don't hesitate to check in on us from time to time.

Guest callipygian

Hi Joseph, glad to hear you're still around and shakin' (omg what a horrible pun) . :no:

I work 3x a month with an ex-navy seal (78 y/o), who developed Parkinson's a few years ago with his eye and hand coordination on his laptop. I can always tell when he isn't taking his meds as he is less controlled, not only with his eye-hand coordination, but also with his walking.

The good news, if there is any here, is that often times, PD diagnosed in people of your young age have a smoother infliction of the disease's progression. I hope that will be the case for you and that you have excellent care and are being compliant with your meds.

Don't be a stranger!

Guest josephga

Mine started back in may. I fell in October of last year. lost my balance fell and hit a concrete curb. bruised up my ribs and tore a shoulder muscle. I couldn't sleep flat for 3 months. then in may one evening after dinner I started feeling strange like i just got the worst news of my life. didn't realize it was the start of many panic attacks. then followed by tremors and having to walk with a cane to stay in balance and to keep from falling. I saw a Dr and was referred to a neurologist once I started taking medications the tremors reduced and I gained my balance back.

Guest callipygian

Mine started back in may. I fell in October of last year. lost my balance fell and hit a concrete curb. bruised up my ribs and tore a shoulder muscle. I couldn't sleep flat for 3 months. then in may one evening after dinner I started feeling strange like i just got the worst news of my life. didn't realize it was the start of many panic attacks. then followed by tremors and having to walk with a cane to stay in balance and to keep from falling. I saw a Dr and was referred to a neurologist once I started taking medications the tremors reduced and I gained my balance back.

As with any doctor - but especially with neurologists - research their credentials and affiliations with which they practice and specialize. A diagnosis of PD, sometimes, is a lazy one based upon certain events that might have happened recently or in the past. Falls are common with PD and my navy seal guy has fallen 3x just this year, twice while outside, just like you. Strokes and mild TIA's (although not common in people of your age) can be a cause of falling as well - which have nothing to do with PD.

However, with what you describe - tremors and their reduction with medication - that does often point to your diagnosis.

I have always been a second opinion type guy whenever it comes to long-term treatment.

Guest josephga

I have a couple of pets now going on 2 years. the cats a rag doll cat his names Dario. The dogs a 16 year old chihuahua named Quiera

she was my partners moms dog. His mom passed away from cancer and we took Quiera.

tumblr_ntdwh1ramP1r16salo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntdw7ftre61r16salo1_500.jpg

Guest josephga

yeah I love my pets I haven't gone without a dog since i got my first at the age of 3. I most likely will retire from doing massage at the end of the year. or march of next year since that would mark my 18 year of doing it.