TotallyOz

Pope’s approval rating plummets as ‘gay-friendly’ image wears off

A Gallup poll shows that as his LGBT-friendly image slowly falls away, the Pope is quickly losing favor with the general public in the West.

The percentage of Americans who see the Pope in a favorable light has dropped from 76 percent in February 2014, to just 59 percent this month.

Meanwhile, there has been a sharp rise in those who disapprove of the Pope – from 9 percent to 16 percent.

Among liberals his approval rating was down 14 points to 68 percent – while among conservatives it was down further, dropping 27 points to 45 percent.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/07/25/popes-approval-rating-plummets-as-gay-friendly-image-wears-off/?utm_source=PNFB&utm_medium=socialFB&utm_campaign=PNFacebook

• Members

Yeah, obviously not being an arch-conservative Hitler Youth is a huge improvement, but still the head of an organization that's accomplished so much evil in the world. They're just getting around to apologizing for the crusades/inquisition, the information about the indentured servitude orphanages and the pedophilia are still leaking out (which means still being covered up)...

It'll be quite a while before they get around to apologizing for what they've done to us...

I think this subtle pope is crazy like a Jesuit. He has not wrenched any set dogma into a new position from which it would snap back to orthodoxy immediately on his demise. But I think what many may dismiss as atmospherics are actually his efforts to weaken the mortar in the edifice of the Church's top-down structure, and insinuate if not exactly bottom-up then at least a movement toward middle-out governance that may gain enough momentum to live beyond him.

We'll see.

Guest tomcal

Oh wow, this topic could get me going on and on! lol as someone who spent 12 years in Catholic schools, grades 1 - 12. and exited at 18 as a true blue Atheist! not that Catholics have a lock on religious craziness, i.e. Mormons, Baptists, Jehovah witnesses, and although some seem to think it's now politically incorrect to add Muslims to that group. but back on topic, I don't trust Jesuits most of all! As a group, very Smart but cunning and diabolical are other adjectives I would use! The best interests of their flock is not their top priority although they try hard to get their members to believe that!

• Members

The "best" interests of themselves personally? In my (very limited) experience I only delivered an airplane to one priest. No one has yet asked me to deliver one to that lunatic (preacher) in Georgia. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest zipperzone

The "best" interests of themselves personally? In my (very limited) experience I only delivered an airplane to one priest.

Best regards,

RA1

And would that plane have been paid for by the Catholic Church?

From contributions from poor hoodwinked parishioners ..........