mvan1

SP - Sauna Lagoa - update

• Members

My brief visit to Sauna Lagoa last night disclosed the following:

1. The sauna was "very good" in that it contained many handsome garotos.

2. The ratio of clients versus garotos was roughy 2 - 1 with garotos being the higher number.

3. Rodolfo (the owner) reinstituted a modified version of his previous cash or debit card reduced entrance fee. What he did was reduce the entrance fee (beginning last night) to R$40 provided the client pays with cash (no debit cards). If any other form of payment is used, the entrance is R$60.

4. Rodolfo did not reintroduce the cash only discount because he is a nice guy. He did it because he had to do something to entice clients to return to his sauna. In recent months, there were fewer and fewer clients coming to his sauna. The entrance fee at Lagoa is higher than at any sauna in Brazil.

No one knows how long the cash-only discount will remain in force.

The discount stimulated business because, as I said in item # 2 (above), last night there were approximately twice as many garotos as there were clients.

Brazil's awful economy and high unemployment has negatively affected most businesses. Saunas are not exempt from the negative economic fallout Brazil is experiencing.

Thank you for the update.

60R is a lot of money when the majority of it is being paid by locals. That is just the entrance and then you have the drinks, the boys, the rooms, etc. It can be an expensive night.

I do hope his cash only policy stays in place.

• Members

Thank you for the update.

60R is a lot of money when the majority of it is being paid by locals. That is just the entrance and then you have the drinks, the boys, the rooms, etc. It can be an expensive night.

I do hope his cash only policy stays in place.

Rodolfo has had the cash discount in the past, then canceled it.

It used to be cash or debit card got the cheaper entrance fee. Now, even a debit card makes the entrance R$60.

When the sauna is not filled with clients, Rodolfo walks around with a worried look. It is too soon to know if the cash only discount will continue to bring in the clients.

As OZ pointed out, the higher fees are tougher on the locals.