TotallyOz

Spire Elite - IHG's New Tier

I logged into my IHG account today and got this message:

Welcome to Spire Elite! A whole new level of benefits is yours to enjoy.

Aparently, this is the new level and requires 75 nights a year to reach. That is a lot of nights in their hotels and while it does give you some benefits, the old Platinum level did the same and was less nights to maintain. Until I logged in today, I had enough nights acculumated for the next 3 years as I have over 150 nights available as roll over. Now, this new requirement rolls that back a year to 2 years of nights.

I spoke to the hotel I am staying with and was told this does not effect the Ambassador program or their Royal Ambassador clients as that is for those that stay with Intercontinental branded hotels.

In the end, I hope this is not just another tier to suck away points and give less to frequent visitors. But, I do feel that every hotel and airline keep offering less and less. :(

• Members

In the end, I hope this is not just another tier to suck away points and give less to frequent visitors. But, I do feel that every hotel and airline keep offering less and less. :(

14.jpg

Just a bandaid until we can start raising prices