mvan1

Good news for Americans visiting in Brazil ($)

• Members

The many troubles in Brazil have a silver lining, somewhere along the way. That way is in the form of a favorable exchange rate for Americans (and certain other foreigners).

Check out this article:

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-business/brazil-real-falls-to-r3-20-in-lowest-exchange-to-dollar-since-may/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRioTimes+%28The+Rio+Times%29

• Members

This has been known for most for a while.....But thanks for posting for the few that may not know

Most travelers to Brazil do not keep track of the rates because the rate changes are beyond our control. They are what they are.

I know that I, and most of my traveling companions, are often surprised when the exchange rates change as drastically as they have during the past few months.

Over the years, many of us have seen the exchange rates drop to around 1.60 to the dollar. The current exchange rate is 100% greater than we have seen it in the past.

When rates continue on an upward trend, as they have this year, it is nice to be reminded of that fact.

Perhaps you do not travel to Brazil as often as many of us and, therefore, you follow the rate changes more often.