JAYBLK

First Timer In Brazil

• Members

I will be heading down in a few days. Can anyone recommend a guide in SP or in Salvador? I only have a few days and I want to make the most of them. I also dont want to disrupt the market by overpaying. What is the going gate for Salvador?

• Members

I will be heading down in a few days. Can anyone recommend a guide in SP or in Salvador? I only have a few days and I want to make the most of them. I also dont want to disrupt the market by overpaying. What is the going gate for Salvador?

Oh, I'm eager to recommend Danilo in Sao Paulo and Fernando in Salvador {Bahia}, Brasil. Will send you a pvt with pertinent information later today when I return home. I've used the services of stellar Danilo, and friends of mine will engage him next month. As far as Fernando goes, a friend of mine engaged his guide services last year. Both men are gay and highly qualified; both are/have been in the travel industry for a few years now.

• Members

Fernando Bingre is a great, very knowledgeable gay guide in Salvador and all over the Bahia, if interested. Nice guy that knows the city, the history and lots of people, gay and straight. You can reach him at his Facebook page under his name. Message him there or find his other contact info there.

Fernando Bingre comes with many recommendations at Tripadvisor. Most rated him excellent - see this -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303272-d2098155-Reviews-Salvador_Tour_Guide-Salvador_State_of_Bahia.html

-

• Members

Thanks everyone. It seems that, in Salvador, all roads lead to Fernando Bingre. Any idea on current prices in Salvador? Should I assume they are the same as Rio? Less because its a less important city? More for more scarcity in a smaller city?

Guest tomcal

... What is the going gate for Salvador?

I sent a message to a friend of mine when I read your post this morning, he is a Brazilian in Rio but who goes to Salvador frequently and he said "the rate there is similar to Rio, he should figure most will expect a $100.R, some will go for 80.R."

Jay, I love Salvador. It is one of my favorite cities. I did a few saunas on my last trip and gave some reports here.

Also, be sure to check out the turtle sanctuary north of the city. It was simply amazing and there is a great hotel near there that would be fantastic to stay. The area is very quiet and not very lively but the ocean is beautiful and I enjoyed it!

• Members

I answered your query in your inbox. You will NOT go wrong in engaging the services of either or both of these travel guides who are stellar in their own right and who are openly gay!

• Members

I will be in São Paulo and rio in October and was wondering about guides as well

I do not know of any reputable gay guides in Rio de janiero, but for Sao Paulo, I'd highly recommend Danilio V, a certified, qualified guide. If you want his email address, please send me a pvt.

A few months back, I contacted Danilio to ask if he were still guiding [To date he has a good position in the travel/tourist industry.]. He stated that he was and that I could recommend him upon request. Two friends of mine will be engaging his expert guiding services next month!