Badboy81

Best routes or train stations to get to the saunas.....

I have always stayed within walking distance of Pointe 202 and always took taxis to 117...

Can some of you tell me the best ways to get to these saunas as well as Meio Mundo?

I am staying in Copacabana so I can still walk to Pointe but want to be able to spend more money on the boys so looking at ways to cut transportation costs....

Thanks in advance....

Guest lurkerspeaks

I found this in another pinned thread on Brazil..

Pointe 202 is about a one and a half block walk from the Metro Siquiera Campos stop. Walk away from the ocean, slight uphill walk. Blue awning out front at #202. One flight of steps up to the entrance.

Clube 117 is about one block from the Metro Gloria stop. When exiting at street level you'll be on Rua da Gloria. near intersection with Rua Benjamin Constant. Walk about a half-block to Rua Candido Mendes, take a left and it will be about another half-block at #117.

Meio Mundo is about a three block walk from the Metro Uruguaiana stop. It is a large station so find the steps/escalator for the exit onto Ave. Easiest to exit if you take one of the first couple of train cars. When you get to the street walk in the direction towards the Candelaria church which is set in the middle of Avenida Presidente Vargas. When you reach the church, there will be a small street right before you get to the Banco Santander. This is Rua da Candelaria. After maybe 60 meters make a left onto Rua Teofilo Otoni and then Meio Mundo will be on your left at the end of the block. The easiest, cheapest and quickest way to get there is to hop one of many buses from Copacana and Ipanema including the 413, 415 and 455. Immediately after you pass through the Mergulhao underpass pull the string or press the button on the bus and you'll be let off right at the corner by the Banco Brasil Centro Cultural if there is a red light or then at the next stop at Avenida Rio Branco. If it is a dead night at Meio Mundo, it won't get any better, so hop the Metro from Uruguaiana or the 422 bus to Gloria

• Members

I have always stayed within walking distance of Pointe 202 and always took taxis to 117...

Can some of you tell me the best ways to get to these saunas as well as Meio Mundo?

I am staying in Copacabana so I can still walk to Pointe but want to be able to spend more money on the boys so looking at ways to cut transportation costs....

Thanks in advance....

Above this post, someone already furnished some information about locating the two saunas you mentioned.

Here is a little more detail that might help you find the Metro station and Clube 117:

You said you were starting from Copacabana. Therefore, look for a large street called Siqueira Campos. Then find a cross street named Toneleros. On the corner of Siqueira Campos and Toneleros, is a metro station. Enter the metro station then take the train to a stop called Gloria.

Be sure to check the direction of the train by looking at the stops that go to the downtown area.

When the train reaches the Gloria stop, leave the train and exit the metro station via the escalator.

When you are at street level, go to the end of the street which is named Candido Mendes. Then make a left turn and go less than half a block until you see a sign marked 117.

You might already know, the sauna’s name is 117 and that it is also the address number.

I hope this helps.

Guest tomcal

from the Siquero Campos Metro station, which is just down the street from Pointe it is 6 stops(about 12 mins) to the Gloria metro station. Meo Mundo is a additional 3 stops later from the Gloria Metro, the Uraguaiana Metro stop. walk out the train go to the right and catch the escalator going up walk straight look for the exit sign that says "Presidente Vargas", as there are 3 exits for this large station, you want to make sure you exit to Vargas, as you exit the escalator keep walking in the same direction about 4 or 5 long blocks, look for the 12 story Santander Bank building on the left and the cathedral Candelerio Igelesia on the right. Meo Mundo is behind the Santander bank building on the small street/alleyway Teofilo Otani.

If you google earth Uraguaiana metro station, rio, you can see all this clearly and makes it easy to understand

from the Siquero Campos Metro station, which is just down the street from Pointe it is 6 stops(about 12 mins) to the Gloria metro station. Meo Mundo is a additional 3 stops later from the Gloria Metro, the Uraguaiana Metro stop. walk out the train go to the right and catch the escalator going up walk straight look for the exit sign that says "Presidente Vargas", as there are 3 exits for this large station, you want to make sure you exit to Vargas, as you exit the escalator keep walking in the same direction about 4 or 5 long blocks, look for the 12 story Santander Bank building on the left and the cathedral Candelerio Igelesia on the right. Meo Mundo is behind the Santander bank building on the small street/alleyway Teofilo Otani.

If you google earth Uraguaiana metro station, rio, you can see all this clearly and makes it easy to understand

Thanks...exactly what I needed!