TotallyOz

Marriage in the USA is now for ALL

• Members

Well, I guess I'm going to have to break my iron clad rule against giving money to pols I don't know personally and ship ole Hillary a few bucks.

5 to 4? And the consevatives, each and every one, making a point of individually denouncing Kennedy's opinion from the bench?

Justice Ruth, bless her feisty little heart, just doesn't have 10 more years left in her.

02a882be7f0a4144cb7ddec8abe62b0f.jpg

• Members

I can't help but read some of the dissenting opinions, for no other purpose than to challenge myself in how I may see things and the opinions I have formed. In this case, specifically, the dissenting opinions hold very little challenge. For those who want to have a good head shaking, this may provide that: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/06/26/3674385/dissent-marriage-equality/

Although the article says it is hysterical, I can't help but not find it all that funny in the way these guys think and what they understand.

• Members

Jgoo, underlying all the legal reasoning (both for and against marriage equality) lies a fundamentally different perception of homosexuality.

If you see Gays pretty much as regular people trying to get on with their lives, then the equal protection arguments will make intuitive sense to you.

If you see queers as ridiculous & kinda creepy perverts, then it's obvious to you that their lives are subject to regulation at the whim of normal people.

Maybe I'll get some guys here pissed off with me for saying this but a perfectly sound legal argument can be constructed both for and against equal protection for gay people. Which argument will appeal to you depends largely on how you think about gays on a much more fundamental level than legal rationalizations.

And yes, RA1, that's the way legal reasoning really works. Because that's the way the human reasoning process works.

If you don't buy this, just go back and actually read Plessy vs. Ferguson or the Dred Scott decision. They're both actually fairly readable.

Guest zipperzone

I find it hard not to chuckle when I think of all the millions of $$$ the Mormon Church wasted trying to defeat same sex marriage.

It sure looks good on them !!!!

• Members

The Boys Are Gathering "en masse" to Search for Husbands ! (its gonna be a JUNGLE out there)

tumblr_nqkxyzO3Yc1u79dyuo1_1280.jpg

But, Dont Worry, NYC Mayor de Blasio has ordered 1300 new cops be added to the Force.......

tumblr_nqm5ce1a0x1rdymflo1_500.jpg