mvan1

Picasso Exhibit Opens Today in Rio - 6-24-2015

• Members

Picasso Exhibit Opens in Rio de Janeiro at CCBB today

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Following the recent record-breaking sale of Spanish artist Pablo Picasso’s “Les femmes d’Alger (version O)” for over US$179 million, Rio de Janeiro’s Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil (CCBB) will host the exhibition “Picasso e a Modernidade Espanhola” (Picasso and Spanish Modernity).

The exhibit is expected to continue until September 7th

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-entertainment/picasso-exhibition-opens-in-rio-de-janeiro/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRioTimes+%28The+Rio+Times%29

There is no charge to see the exhibit

-

• Members

Picasso Exhibit Opens in Rio de Janeiro at CCBB today

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – Following the recent record-breaking sale of Spanish artist Pablo Picasso’s “Les femmes d’Alger (version O)” for over US$179 million, Rio de Janeiro’s Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil (CCBB) will host the exhibition “Picasso e a Modernidade Espanhola” (Picasso and Spanish Modernity).

The exhibit is expected to continue until September 7th

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-entertainment/picasso-exhibition-opens-in-rio-de-janeiro/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRioTimes+%28The+Rio+Times%29

There is no charge to see the exhibit

-

Too bad that I will be missing out on this specific exhibition. I write here because I saw the most outstanding exhibition of African art at the cited venue a few years back. The Picasso exhibition should be a stand-out there.

Oh, I wish I were there to take in this experience, for it would be forever remembered and relived!

• Members

I'm off to the Sand Dunes of Marenhao for a week, but I plan on seeing it when I return. I was at the Picasso Museum in Barcelona this past March and then visiting the Guernica in Madrid at the Reina Sofia, and also after the terrible Kandinsky show, my hopes are few for anything interesting. When I passed by the CCBB after Meio Mundo on Friday, there were very few visitors in line for the exhibit, even if it was opening day. I can remember when the Impressionists from Paris were on display and from Day 1, the waiting line was around the block circling to the the back of the CCBB

I'm off to the Sand Dunes of Marenhao for a week, but I plan on seeing it when I return. I was at the Picasso Museum in Barcelona this past March and then visiting the Guernica in Madrid at the Reina Sofia, and also after the terrible Kandinsky show, my hopes are few for anything interesting. When I passed by the CCBB after Meio Mundo on Friday, there were very few visitors in line for the exhibit, even if it was opening day. I can remember when the Impressionists from Paris were on display and from Day 1, the waiting line was around the block circling to the the back of the CCBB

Do you prefer Meio Mundo over the other saunas or is it just the most convenient one for you to get to?

• Members

I'm off to the Sand Dunes of Marenhao for a week

Boa viagem - Lençois Maranhenses is absolutely spectacular! I'm sure you'll have a great time as I did, well accompanied, a few years ago.

A quick tip, in case you haven't already been. Hire your own 4x4, and for the first trips at least, hire a guide. Avoid at all costs the group tours for all the obvious reasons. (Alternatively you could hire a guide with his vehicle, but that may run more expensive.) It is a bit of a splurge, but well worth it. You'll certainly feel less of a tourist - all the group tours have similar routes at similar times and stop for lunch at many of the same places, and then all head out at the very same time. BTW that very same time is just before sunsets - and you don't want to miss that - the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen were there. (At which time, especially after the long drives and walking, is very romantic in good company, going for a swim in one of the natural lakes there. Time literally stands still.)

• Members

Thanks for the suggestion. But the pousada in Atins, much more rustic than Barreirinhas, has two 4x4's with drivers that they hire out. I am renting a cheapo from Hertz, The 4x4's were all rented 3 months ago from them and really expensive as well. 3 days in Sao Luis and then 4 days at the Lencois Marenhenses. I have a 23 year-old from Maranhoa to share my bed and keep me company and whatever. So then we are taking a boat to Atins from Barreirinhas. Besides 2 Toyotas, They also have a couple of boats to navigate the rivers. I was expressly warned not to attempt navigating the sandy paths to arrive there.

http://www.pcatins.com.br/

• Members

You''ll have a great time - it sounds like you've done the necessary legwork! Do report back on Atins, I was based in Barreirinhas. It also sounds like you're also well accompanied LOL. I was with a stud at the time from Porto Alegre, we started out from Fortaleza, made the trek to Jericoacoara (WAY overrated from the beach side - but fantastic from the lakes side), passed through the Delta de Paranaiba en route to Lençois. Quite the region for some amorous adventures.