Badboy81

Rio De Janeiro 4th of July Weekend 2015....Suggestions needed

Hey guys....aside from the beach and the saunas....I'm looking for some things to do during the day while I am in Rio for 4th of July weekend....

Aside from going to Barra da Tijuca for shopping and hitting up CADEG

I need some suggestions....

I have already done all the other touristy stuff...Christ the Redeemer, the Botanical Garden, Corcavado....

Im open to suggestions that are off the grid and not a flight away from Rio....

Thanks in advance....

The Hippie Market on the weekends is always fun for me. There is always paragliding in Sao Conrado. I did it once and it was memorable. Scary but memorable.

Ihpguy took me once to a great park that had tons of hustlers and was across the street from a very old fire station. That was fun and great to see. I think there is a thread here with photos from that day.

I hope other contribute as I love Rio but often get stuck in the saunas. ;)

The Hippie Market on the weekends is always fun for me. There is always paragliding in Sao Conrado. I did it once and it was memorable. Scary but memorable.

Ihpguy took me once to a great park that had tons of hustlers and was across the street from a very old fire station. That was fun and great to see. I think there is a thread here with photos from that day.

I hope other contribute as I love Rio but often get stuck in the saunas. ;)

Very interested in hearing more about the hustler park.....Sounds interesting....

• Members

Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil

Casa Franca-Brasil

Centro Cultural dos Correios

Take a tour of the churches down the Rua Primeiro de Marco

Igreja Santa Luzia Corner of Ave, Pres, Wilson and Ave, Pres. Antonio Carlos

Igreja Sao Jose

Igreja Catedral Metroppolitana (OLD)

Igerja NS do Carmo

Igeja de Hermandade dos Militares de Santa Cruz

Igreja de Candelaria

Your prize for finishing is Meio Mundo just across the street - great for a Friday

Saturday at the street vendor/art fair on Rua do Lavradio - less than a block away is the new Catedral Metropolitana

Museu Art do Rio (MAR) on the Praca Mau

Corpo dos Bombeiros Castelo/ Firehouse and Museum across from the Praca da Republica/Campo de S'antanna - then just across the streets are the cruisy johns on the lower level of Central train station

Cheap afternoon BJ's at the Cine Iris

Do see the art at the Casa Daros across the street from Rio Sul Shopping before it closes in a few months

Climb up to the top of Fort Leme at the other end of Copacabana or visit the fort at Arpoador

Take the ferry to Ilha de Paqueta for a look at the past and the famous Pedra da Moreninha

Take the ferry to Niteroi and see the MAM and the views of Rio from the other side of the bay

• Members

Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil

Casa Franca-Brasil

Centro Cultural dos Correios

Take a tour of the churches down the Rua Primeiro de Marco

Igreja Santa Luzia Corner of Ave, Pres, Wilson and Ave, Pres. Antonio Carlos

Igreja Sao Jose

Igreja Catedral Metroppolitana (OLD)

Igerja NS do Carmo

Igeja de Hermandade dos Militares de Santa Cruz

Igreja de Candelaria

Your prize for finishing is Meio Mundo just across the street - great for a Friday

Saturday at the street vendor/art fair on Rua do Lavradio - less than a block away is the new Catedral Metropolitana

Museu Art do Rio (MAR) on the Praca Mau

Corpo dos Bombeiros Castelo/ Firehouse and Museum across from the Praca da Republica/Campo de S'antanna - then just across the streets are the cruisy johns on the lower level of Central train station

Cheap afternoon BJ's at the Cine Iris

Do see the art at the Casa Daros across the street from Rio Sul Shopping before it closes in a few months

Climb up to the top of Fort Leme at the other end of Copacabana or visit the fort at Arpoador

Take the ferry to Ilha de Paqueta for a look at the past and the famous Pedra da Moreninha

Take the ferry to Niteroi and see the MAM and the views of Rio from the other side of the bay

GOD, WHY do people always recommend CHURCHES ??? I've never visited a church in my homeland, WHY do I wanna see one elsewhere ? (obviously, Grandma aint big on Religion, although you will often find her on her knees) :yes:

Guest riosul77

Take the ferry to Ilha de Paqueta for a look at the past

All great suggestions, especially Paqueta, wonderful all day trip.

Also, if you like wandering parks, and have seen the Botanical Gardens, one of my favorites is Parque Lage.

• Members

The new Metropolitan Cathedral is an interesting bit of modern architecture. From the outside it looks to me a bit like a nuclear reactor dome. When entering, I find it a marvel with the four stained glass windows stretching up to the roof. One per side. I find Jesus on the suspended cross something I look to every time I visit. No matter how hot it is outside, it is always quite cool inside a definite respite from the tropical heat.

Candelaria at the end of the church row is the largest of the seven. I think the carved doors themselves at the entrance are worth a stop. Also the two towers with the ceramic decorations for the clock and weather.

Santa Luzia at the start in Castelo used to be on the waterfront before the mountain was taken down and used as landfill for the neighborhood as well as Santos Dumont airport. It was just recently rehabilitated by IPHAN, a government organization dedicated to preserving the national patrimony. The did a very nice job on a cute little church

The other four are all about the same size but totally different inside. I like the preserved tiles in Carmo, Santa Cruz dos Militaries is a rococo knockout with some interesting artwork of different groups of military officers, Sao Jose was where the emperor attended mass even though the old Metropolitan Chuch is directly across the street from where the first palace, before Quinta da Boa Vista was constructed, Paco Imperial is located.

Guest Trench

GOD, WHY do people always recommend CHURCHES ??? I've never visited a church in my homeland, WHY do I wanna see one elsewhere ? (obviously, Grandma aint big on Religion, although you will often find her on her knees) :yes:

Because old churches are a major part of certain countries' cultural heritage. If you were visiting Minas Gerais or Salvador, BA and you skipped the churches, you would be left with precious little to appreciate. Next time you solicit visitors' attractions, specify no churches and see what you get.

• Members

Because old churches are a major part of certain countries' cultural heritage. If you were visiting Minas Gerais or Salvador, BA and you skipped the churches, you would be left with precious little to appreciate. Next time you solicit visitors' attractions, specify no churches and see what you get.

If I get to lay on the beach, and suck a cock later, I'm a happy camper.... Hot, sweaty churches, you guys can have them....

Not interested in church....I attend church here in the states and already viewed the churches that are major tourist points....

Was looking for something out of the norm or different....So for I have the huge market and I have the mall...Beaches a given...Also I have a list of saunas....

Im looking at restaurants to visit now to celebrate my birthday....Something that is unique....

I visited the popular Brazilian steakhouse similar to Fogo De Choa already with my ex on one of my past trips....