mvan1

Traveling art exhibits in Brazil

• Members

While the saunas and the garotos in Brazil are great, there is more to do in Brazil for those who spend a lot of time in that country.

In an earlier post, on a different thread, I mentioned about traveling art exhibits that occur in Brazil.

Traveling exhibits occur fairly often in Brazil.

Nearly three years ago, there was some renovation done to the Museum d'Orsay, in Paris, France. While the museum was partially closed during construction, many famous painting were sent around the world on tour. Two cities in Brazil were chosen to exhibit more than one hundred paintings that are normally housed at Museum d"Orsay. Sao Paulo and Rio were chosen to display the exhibit.

If anyone is interested in art, here is a video clip of some of the paintings that were displayed in Brazil. In addition to the wonderful paintings, notice the beautiful building that housed the exhibit.

mvan, I love the Hippie Festival and during Carnival over many years I collected some great pieces of art from artists that were Brazilian but living abroad and came only for Carnival every year. I have really enjoyed the pieces I bought and think of Brazil when I see them.

When I was in Sao Paulo, I always try to go to the galleries and have seen some amazing exhibits over the years. Brazil is very cultures and has great art!

• Members

Lately the CCBB has had nothing of interest, The recent shows here have been very disappointing. I was really excited to see the Kandinsky exhibition there earlier this year. I had my fingers crossed that the Russians might even let a few works of Malevich make it over to this side of the Atlantic. Nothing doing. The quality and quantity of the works by Kandinsky were a disappointment.

The recently opened Casa Daros, almost across the street from Rio Sul is closing in December. They spent a ton of money and a few years rehabbing this colonial building. In existence for two years.

• Members

CCBB used to house some excellent film 'festivals' as well. Have not been drawn there though for quite some time. Was very eclectic. Even a Nicholas Ray fest around three years back with film rarities along with a lecture by Susan Ray.