mvan1

Brazilian economy in slumps - could mean more garotos in the saunas

• Members

The high increase in unemployment in Brazil is blamed for a 24% drop in auto sales, year over year. This is a bad sign for Brazil's economy, for sure.

Many Brazilians who only a few years ago were classified as "middle class" are no longer in that category because of being unemployed.

Many of those former "middle class" who had jobs and bank credit cards, no longer have credit because they are unemployed. Credit that was available to the "middle class" stimulated the economy. Now things have changed.

In light of the high unemployment in Brazil, I suspect that we will be seeing more garotos in the saunas equal to or greater than the quantity we saw eight or ten years ago.

Below is a link to an article that discusses the auto decline and some of other Brazilian economic decline -

http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-business/sales-of-new-vehicles-in-brazil-decline/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRioTimes+%28The+Rio+Times%29

Guest tomcal

I had mentioned previously that the owners of the Rio saunas Meo Mundo and Pointe told me that their business is down but the number of guys coming into the saunas to work has gone up! They said this was a direct result of the worsening economy in Brazil. But it is hurting the saunas because the locals are coming in less frequently then they were.

Guest tomcal

Wouldnt that also mean the prices for a programa are going down not just because of a weak Real but "more competition"

Nope, over the past 14 years that I have been going to Brazil, in good times and bad, the pricing has stayed consistent, Originally in 2001 it was $50.R and stayed there until sometime around 2005 or so maybe 2006 and then moved up to $100. R in Sao Paulo and then Rio, and has stayed in that range to present. Over the years even If there were 3 times as many boys as customers that guys pretty much stick to the price...obviously there are exceptions on both ends...Clayton the bodybuilder pictured in a previous post, asks for more, and there are guys that will agree for less but in my experience, 80% of the guys will stick to the current rate.

Guest tomcal

So that's the current rate $100 real? Thats not bad. Given the echange rate you still make out like a bandit.

at todays rate that is $33.00 U.S.

• Members

Meio Mundo it is 60 to 70. Another 20 to have them cum. A friend here only pays 50 at Meio Mundo and that is with them "gozando" but then he is a Brasilian native. I do not go often to 117, but the last time I was there the price was 100Reais and I got into a disagreement with a miche who wanted to charge me 150Reais and I refused.

• Members

I got an even better deal in Porto Alegre on an in-call at the Quality Hotel that TomCal has written about. 150Reais for nearly three hours. I'm sure my Portuguese does help when it comes to negotiating prices.

• Members

Remember when the boys hold their prices level, they're actually taking a reduction in terms of purchasing power.

If you like a guy, treat him to supper afterwards. Good way to practice your Portuguese.

• Members

at todays rate that is $33.00 U.S.

IT'S 5.19.15, and the Xchange rate is 1US = 3.024 real. $1500US = 4K + R$ If I were going to Brasil, I would purchase my money now. International Currency Express, Inc., 427 N. Camden Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 is a wonderful firm that Ihave used, most recently in March of this year when I sent back Canadian dollars for US. (www.foreignmoney.com) 888.278.6628, 310.278.6628 Fax 310.278.6410

• Members

I was at 117 last night. Many new guys it seemed to me. I talked with four who caught my eye.

All were either ativo or ativo liberal, I nixed the ativo only. One ativo liberal didn't perform oral (chupar) and the other refused to answer the question. Just kept repeating that I would have a pleasurable suck on his memeber. I tried to kiss him and he instead kissed my neck. NNixed him off my list.

Some of the clients seemed to be regulars from Monday nights at MM.

I neded up going with a really hot guy from BH who works at Olimpos sauna there an came here for three weeks only. He was hot, checked alI of the boxes, I was horny and I didn't even try to bargain him down from his 100Reais to the norm for Brasilians of 80Reais. He was very fun.

So for those who come here, do be sure and ask your questions so as not to be surprised with what ends up happening in the suite, cabine or quarto.