mvan1

American Airlines fares to Brazil are dropping to all times lows

Guest tomcal

I just posted this in the thread on rio/porto alegre, but today I just booked L.A. to Sao Paulo for September for $663.00 R/T on American Airlines. That is the lowest price I have seen since in at least 10 or 11 years!

I lived in San Francisco before I retired and remembered many of the $600. fares to Rio. Then I get excited about moving to Ft.Lauderdale and the fares are consitantly in the $1500. range. It's such an easy overnight trip I planned on commuting weekends for fun. Then the high prices of hotels, money, food ect set in. Now it looks like the good old days and I'm ready to jump on it again.

I'm and explat with American, so I know how fast fares can change. But I've been away for a month and need to get home this week, make sure life is still ok at home, and then hope a few of these fares are around. I'll jump on a few of them.

Guest tomcal

Besides the cheap fare from L.A. to Brazil, the inter Brazil fares are really cheap. When I land in Sao Paulo I catch a flight to Porto Alegre, that flight on GOL airlines for $95. my flight 4 days later also on GOL. from Porto Alegre to Rio is $55.00 and my flight from Rio to Sao Paulo on TAM airlines is $59.00. GOL airlines along with competitor TAM compete on all these routes so I usually have a mix depending which airline has the time I want.. Also there is Azul airlines(founded by the founder of Jet Blue) and I have flown them also usually from Rio's GIG airport to Porto Alegre. Both Rio and Sao Paulo have two airports, a city airport and a international one. Check prices for departures from both because there can be quite a difference in price!

Sao Paulo also has a 3rd airport that is about a hour from the other two that Azul airlines as well as some international carriers use. Lagoa sauna is a about a 10 min taxi ride from the city airport (CGH) Congonhas. and 45 mins to a hour from the International airport(GRU)Guarulhos

Guest tomcal

Today the price fell from $663.00 to $571.00 LAX to Sao Paulo! I have kept my ticket on Hold because I have seen prices drop before but I can't believe it will go lower then this, so I just bought it!

Guest loganguydc

I am going to Rio over holiday weekend in May. I got it for $381 on American, but I have a crazy ass routing. DCA>JFK>YYZ>CLT>MIA>GIG.

That fare is round-trip

Guest tomcal

The ticket I got yesterday on American Airlines for my Sept. trip for $456.00, today is $813, almost double...still a great price to what I have been paying the last 8 or 10 trips, usually around $1300.

Guest tomcal

Great timing, tomcal. :thumbsup:

I have no doubt that that extra $350 US will bring smiles to a lot of faces in Brazil.

MsGuy, That's the plan! LOL

• Members

Its official I got my plane ticket to Brazil. I'm coming in October, leaving Raleigh-Durham on the 8th and returning on the 19th. Cost was $448 but I decided to use miles as it only cost me 40,000! (Save the cash for the boys :yes:) Its one stop in JFK each way!

Ill be doing a 3-4 days in SP and the rest in Rio.

Excited!!!!! Now on to housing!!!