AdamSmith

Same-sex marriage: US supreme court has few choices but to 'end the debate'

• Members

If the US Constitution were a stray dog, even the Humane Society or PETA could not save it. This and many other issues are states rights issues, not constitutional issues.

We are definitely on the way to being just another third world country. :(

Best regards,

RA1

This and many other issues are states rights issues, not constitutional issues.

Putting aside the due-process and equal-protection questions, what do you believe should be done, if anything, and by whom if not SCOTUS, about states that violate the full-faith-and-credit clause by refusing to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states?

• Members

I am not going to answer the question of when did I stop beating my BF. ^_^

As you know, I am very much a local control citizen. The more local, the better. Most bureaucrats and all pols are incompetent. Therefore dealing with the incompetency at the lowest level is the best. Higher office holders may or may not be slightly more competent but they can do a LOT more damage.

If there is a large enough coalition, surely the law can be changed. A state should be large enough to provide same if truly sought by the citizens thereof.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

For some reason I do not recall this. Of course, at the time, I was minus 155 years old. ^_^

Even though I do not respect most voters, this is still a Republic, and I am willing to see what happens. There is always the next life. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1