Guest callipygian

IF...you had to defiine yourself with a song - Or a moment in time...

• Members

Speaking of old songs -

how about this one that has some funny words. Sung by Marlene Dietrich. Originally sung in German in an old black and while German movie called Blau Engel. The film did so well, it was redone in English starring the same - Marlene Dietrich - The English title was called Blue Angel.

How "butch" Marlene sounds in this song:

https://twitter.com/erisis/status/451427543271227392

• Members

Speaking of old songs -

how about this one that has some funny words. Sung by Marlene Dietrich. Originally sung in German in an old black and while German movie called Blau Engel. The film did so well, it was redone in English starring the same - Marlene Dietrich - The English title was called Blue Angel.

How "butch" Marlene sounds in this song:

https://twitter.com/erisis/status/451427543271227392

• Members

Saw The Blue Angel on TV a few months ago and was surprised to learn that they shot the German and English versions concurrently. I think it was also Germany's first major sound film.

I guess while they had everything in place, it didn't take that much longer to reshoot the scene in English. As long as they kept track of which version they were doing. :rolleyes:

2638092.jpg
I'm ready for mein Großaufnahme, Herr Sternberg

• Members

Saw The Blue Angel on TV a few months ago and was surprised to learn that they shot the German and English versions concurrently. I think it was also Germany's first major sound film.

I guess while they had everything in place, it didn't take that much longer to reshoot the scene in English. As long as they kept track of which version they were doing. :rolleyes:

2638092.jpg

Both versions (English and German)

2638092.jpg

are great.

The plot involves an older man infatuated with a younger stage singer.

That scenario could fit some of the members of this forum, if the gender were changed on the younger stage singer.

I had forgotten that I had read that both versions were made at the same time. The English version was not released until a few years after the German version's success.

The films were made in 1929 but the German version was released in 1930 and the English followed later.

Oh, "I'm ready for mein Großaufnahme, Herr Sternberg" comes from the old film, "Sunset Boulevard" starring Gloria Swanson and William Holden and Eric Von Stroheim. What a splendid movie that was.

Ja Wohl.