JunNJ

How much do you pay Garotos for dinner and overnight ?

• Members

Hey question here.... If i invited garoto from sauna to come with me for a dinner, how much should I pay him ? and if he come to your hotel for overnite how much is avg rate ?

Thanks guys, I will be in Rio this coming Friday and can't wait !!!

Guest tomcal

I have done this at least 100 times...maybe 200(ok, 400 times)! lol It is really what you feel comfortable with. This is what I pay and why...Since I am buying them dinner I don't include the time at dinner at being "on the clock" it is very different then here in the U.S. So typically we leave the sauna at around 9:30 by the time we get back to Ipanema, change clothes at the apartment, it's about 10:30 - 11:00 p.m. Sometimes after dinner we will stop at a bar like ToNemAi, have a drink or two and then to the apartment. Usually it seems like we get up around 10:30 a.m. or so and I will ask if he wants lunch, usually they do. I usually pay $200R to $300R to him when he gets ready to leave after lunch, but that is rare, Usually $200. - 250R. I have never had a guy have a problem with that. With dinner, drinks, lunch, and his time you will have spent around $400 R total or U.S. $123.00

• Members

Hey question here.... If i invited garoto from sauna to come with me for a dinner, how much should I pay him ? and if he come to your hotel for overnite how much is avg rate ?

Thanks guys, I will be in Rio this coming Friday and can't wait !!!

Refer back to the above response of tomcal. I agree with him, especially where he wrote:

"It is really what you feel comfortable with."

There is no fixed rule on how much to pay a garoto.

The garoto you invite to dinner (that you meet at a sauna) generally does not expect any money for going to dinner with you. Often, those garotos don't have money to buy dinner or any food while in the sauna and they are usually happy for a free dinner invitation. Therefore, there would be no expectation of payment for their time while at dinner with you.

As to how much to pay them if they spend the night - that varies.

Sometimes, garotos come to your hotel with the expectation of only a "brincadeira" (colloquial for a sexual encounter). Sometimes, through compatibility, the garoto does not leave and spends more time.

If, following the brincadeira, you invite the garoto to dinner, as I wrote, it is a plus for the garotos (and a plus for you if you continue to enjoy the company of the garoto).

Enjoying a garoto's company, initially, can be awkward because of a language barrier. Nonetheless, having their presence is usually enjoyable.

Over time if you continue to visit Brazil, you will learn Portuguese as most garotos speak zero English. This means, until you can communicate with a garoto beyond sexual encounters, not being able to have a conversation with a garoto can be bothersome.

A computer translator can help with communication with a garoto and will also help you learn a little (or a lot) of Portuguese.

I have found that being able to communicate with garotos makes being with them more enjoyable than a mere physical encounter.

Sometimes when a garoto comes to a clients' hotel room for a brincadeira, the garoto has no expectation of spending the night; it just happens.

Paying garotos in a sauna is quite a different matter than "paying" them if you are taking them to dinner or if they stay at your hotel at night.

These are things you will learn, over time.

What you will extract from this forum is guidance rather than learning fixed rules for how much to pay garotos away from a sauna.

The amounts mentioned in tomcal's post are reasonable. Those amounts are not firm nor are those amounts "set in stone" as there are many factors that determine how much a client gives to a garoto who spends the night or goes to dinner.

If you go to Brazil often enough, you might very well accumulate a lot of garoto "regulars" that you will get to know away from the sauna. If you continue to have "brincadeiras" with these garotos on a regular basis, your payment structure might change. Some of these garotos could eventually become friends.

Again, as tomcall said, "It is really what you feel comfortable with."

Guest tomcal

Mvan1 put it much better and more succinctly then I did.

One example:

I have one good friend who has traveled to Brazil for the past 10 years or so and he pays at least TWICE what I do for overnights, sometimes more when he gets caught up in the "moment" :-) for reasons that make him happy. I have gone or he has gone with the same guys over the years on different trips, never have any of them mentioned that he pays them more then I do! or asked me to pay his higher rate! They know they get a fair rate from me and that he is a more "generous" person. I pay what I am comfortable with and he pays what makes him comfortable. It's all good!

• Members

Thank you so much guys for the response, this forum is very helpful. I can't wait this weekend to be at 117. I am so sexcited !

...and do let your "big head" do the thinking for you at all times! If you have guys over, remember to have all valuables out of sight as well. Make the better of your experience and do enjoy!

Language was and has always been a barrier for me each time I've visited Brasil; most of the times I've had guides, preferably gay, who have been stellar in enabling me to have a wonderful, cultural experience. To date I only know of one gay guy who's in the travel industry and who was my guide while I was in Sao Paulo for my second and third trips.

In terms of my sauna experiences, i did not have difficulties because I did lots and lots of prereading at this forum as well as at www.daddysreviews.com. At the latter forum, there has not been too much discussion within the past six months + regarding saunas in Brasil. Also, most the the guys who formerly wrote there have stopped writing at and for that site, or not at all, and have come here.

• Members

Hey Guys, follow up question, I have unlocked Iphone and plan to buy sim card there with a data plan so i can use the google translate app that will help talking with the Brasileros when i am not connected in wifi, like at the mall or strolling outside.

Anyone bought sim card there and used it ? any advise ?

Thanks !!!

Guest callipygian

Hey Guys, follow up question, I have unlocked Iphone and plan to buy sim card there with a data plan so i can use the google translate app that will help talking with the Brasileros when i am not connected in wifi, like at the mall or strolling outside.

Anyone bought sim card there and used it ? any advise ?

Thanks !!!

Which iPhone model do you have and who is your current carrier? USA based?

Guest callipygian

My only point Mvan was that had you moved one of my posts because you felt it was misplaced or hijacked an ongoing thread - I would be a bit miffed - no matter how right or wrong you might have been.

No worries though. All is fine. :-)