Suckrates

The Oscars - Recap

• Members

Well first, I adore Neil Patrick Harris. He is always wonderful, so I suppose I was expecting alot from him.

I must say that although he is charming and delightful, i was a bit disappointed. I thought he was a bit too reserved, but I suppose its due to the "low key" nature of the event. He's at his best when he's in his "song & dance" element.

Highlights for Grandma

1) Neil in his Tighty Whitey's... Beautiful tight hairless body. Thank You Neil !

2) Jennifer Hudsons "In Memorium" tribute. She sang a re-work of an awesome song she performed of the short-lived show SMASH. Her rendition of "I Can't Let Go" was powerful and poignant. (watch the original on Youtube)

3) Lady Gaga - What a pleasant surprise. No gimmicks, no crazy costumes. Just a gorgeous voice and Tribute to the music of "Sound of Music".... and then she introduced Julie Andrews.

Amazeballs ! Brava Gaga !!!!

And while I probably should have Loved John Legend and Common singing Glory from the movie Selma, I just couldn't. I am so over the accolades for this Dr Martin Luther King retelling..... and apparently so is Hollywood, although it did win a consolation prize....award for BEST SONG....

For the most part, the show as too long, too boring, and as always too self indulgent. But that's an award show I suppose ?

I would certainly endorse NPH giving the hosting thing another shot next year. Maybe he'll loosen up and really turn it out ? :thumbsup:

Guest callipygian

The Oscar's are a lot like the Superbowl. Sometimes you get a great game and some very entertaining commercials.

This had neither for me. It was uninspiring. Too many gags and puns that fell flat.

It was great to see Julie Andrews again. Apparently, some years ago she was told she would never sing again. What a tragic loss. Lady Gaga surprised me with her range and command of her performance.

The previous NPH Tony Awards show were quite well done and entertaining - but that's a completely different family and community. It was a very sad and awkward moment for me to see NPH in his underwear.

I did love Eddie redmayne and Graham Moore's acceptance speech.

Other than that, and as always....way, way too long.

Guest zipperzone

The previous NPH Tony Awards show were quite well done and entertaining - but that's a completely different family and community. It was a very sad and awkward moment for me to see NPH in his underwear.

I totally agree. I think it was degrading and not at all funny. I wonder if it was his idea or the writer's? If the latter he should have been able to say "no way"

I would also be curious to know how many $$$ he would get for this hosting gig?

• Members

I watched Downton Abby and Walking Dead. The Oscars weren't even in the running.

Not sure if knowing that NPH would appear in his undies would have made any difference.

Was he just in shorts or did he keep his tee shirt on? Boxers or tighty whites? Did he show a respectable amount of bulge or was it a replay of Angry Inch?

Really, guys, you would think a bunch of gays would know how to give a proper review. Get your act together!

• Members

I watched Downton Abby and Walking Dead. The Oscars weren't even in the running.

Not sure if knowing that NPH would appear in his undies would have made any difference.

Was he just in shorts or did he keep his tee shirt on? Boxers or tighty whites? Did he show a respectable amount of bulge or was it a replay of Angry Inch?

Really, guys, you would think a bunch of gays would know how to give a proper review. Get your act together!

His bulge ??? Well he wouldnt be my first choice if I was cruisin a bar, but at "Last Call", I might give him a tumble...

Looked like small meat with big potatoes, but pretty nipples....

Guest zipperzone

Tighty whities (evidentially two pair so as the bright lights wouldn't show anything untoward)

No T shirt - bare chest - I must admit he had a nice pair of pointy nipples!

You didn't miss much.....