AdamSmith

Inside Hillary's 2016 plan

• Members
Now that the architecture of the campaign is clear, the two are helping with the next critical task: developing her message.

I know it's hopelessly naive but that's what bothers me the most about political types.

It's like, "I crave the power and position. Now let's cook up some policy crap that will help me get it."

I truly believe that's its this consuming passion to be alpha dog (or in Hillary's case, alpha bitch) that is the fatal weakness of the human species. Folks really would rather rule in Hell than bow the knee in Heaven.

PS I'm not one of those who especially fault Clinton for her ambition; she's no worse than any of her competitors. They just have a better press.

I know it's hopelessly naive but that's what bothers me the most about political types.

It's like, "I crave the power and position. Now let's cook up some policy crap that will help me get it."

Thinnin' on it, this says as much about today's electorate as it does about today's politicians.

Just like, without the demand side, there would not be drug trade or sex work.

• Members

AS, I think the craving is the same whether in the USA or China or the Islamic State. Only the policy crap part differs.

And please don't tell me that our guys are any more squeamish about whacking off heads.

Remember when Rick Perry went to some considerable lengths to speed the execution of a man he knew to be in all likelihood innocent just to avoid a minor political embarrassment.

AS, I think the craving is the same whether in the USA or China or the Islamic State. Only the policy crap part differs.

I meant to compare our electorate today with our electorate back when, say, it willingly listened to Lincoln debate Douglas all afternoon.

Not sure what brought in your comparison between us and other nations/nationalities?

• Members

LOL, AS, I don't think the electorate is all that different. It's only back then they didn't have anything more interesting to do.

No TV, no internet, no I-Pod, no cute kittens on YouTube. Even within my lifetime folks gathered from surrounding counties just to see a hanging at our courthouse. Brought a picnic basket, made a day of it. :P Life was boring in the good old days. You had to take your fun where you found it.

----

My point was that pols tailor their policies to the audience that they figure can help them achieve the ambitions but what they truly crave in the darkest crannies of their souls is to be top dog. Everything else is contingent and subject to change without notice.

Guest callipygian

To the point of Power...

If Benjamin Netanyahu was really seeking peace he would have moved toward it his first time around. I don't know what those Israelis are thinking, but this time around, Benjamin Netanyahu wants to build his library somewhere smack-dab in what could have been a peace agreement years ago.

So, maybe, politicians here in the good ole USA look for (and invent) issues to run on - Others, elsewhere, look only to stroke their need for power and recognition for being the second coming.....

And if you're looking for a second coming....you might as well just click on one of Suckrates many threads.

:lol: