mvan1

Sao Paulo - Lagoa "remodeled" sort of

• Members

I just realized that I failed to mention that Lagoa was recently remodeled.

The most obvious change is the demolition of the former "non smoking" television room. That floor space is now part of the former small bar near where the shows are performed and near where the open glass showers are found. Drinks and food are served at the larger bar area.

The larger space gives the illusion of a larger sauna. I am not too crazy about the color of paint used in the new bar area but at least the color is cheerful.

Some other areas of the sauna were ungraded and a gym area was added in the room just past the "swimming" pool. The new gym area doesn't get much foot traffic except from admirers of body builders. I noticed that a couple of the body builders seemed entranced at watching themselves in the mirrors in the new gym. I never saw the body builders come out of the gym to mingle among other folks in the general sauna area.

One change that was not made is the failure to add air conditioning to the sauna. During the current heat wave in Sao Paulo, it would be nice to visit Lagoa and not have to endure a hot and humid environment. Considering the high cash flow to the sauna, the cost to add air conditioning would probably be offset by the increase in paying customers during the three hot months of Brazil's summer.

Bottom line? Lagoa's facilities have been upgraded for the better - try the place -you will like it.