AdamSmith

US atheists know more about religion than believers, quiz finds

• Members

I would bet that the survey didn't control for the level of education in it's subjects.

I'm not sure that believers are much worse informed than kaffirs given equality of class, intelligence and general education.

• Members

I did not realize AS was an aficionado of a famous candy bar. Now if the reference was to Candy Barr, I would be less surprised. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Is it not truly amazing that many folks are quite ignorant about many things? :(

Guest callipygian

I would bet that the survey didn't control for the level of education in it's subjects.

I'm not sure that believers are much worse informed than kaffirs given equality of class, intelligence and general education.

Who among us has custody and control of our train of thoughts - let alone educational equality? "Why is a raven like a writing desk?"

• Members

A satisfying, but meta, answer is, "Poe wrote on both," given by puzzle enthusiast Sam Lloyd. More in the spirit of the nonsense genre, Aldous Huxley ventured, "Because there is a 'b' in both and an 'n' in neither." Beautifully bizarre.

More at this link.

Lewis Carrole's answer to his own riddle:

Carroll's answer to why a raven is like a writing desk? "Because it can produce a few notes, tho they are very flat; and it is never put with the wrong end in front!" I'm sure your thighs are now sore from the repeated slapping they took after you read that line. Originally, it was supposed to be a little funnier than that. Carroll spelled 'never,' as 'nevar' — 'raven' spelled backwards — but a proofreader erased the inverted pun before it was published.

• Members
Are you smarter than an atheist? A religious quiz
Quiz results Your score Average reader score
Correct
Wrong
100%

You answered 32 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 100%.

32 of 32. Take that you, you...well, whatever you are. :lol:

====

By the way the average score was 84% correct which lends credence to the supposition that an overwhelming percentage of on line, poll taking readers of the Christian Science Monitor are over educated atheists.