Gaybutton

No Shit, Sherlock . . .

Guest GaySacGuy

The guy is a real joke...and if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. He is trying to push this bailout bill through with no oversight, just like he did the Iraq war bill.

To me the most frightening thing of all is the fact that he still has four months left in office. That's enough time for him to put the entire world into a depression. It's also enough time for him to start up a war with both Iran and North Korea. I wouldn't put it past him to do all of the above, along with some things none of us have even thought of.

I wish he would follow Abraham Lincoln's advice: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I hate they are playing politics as usual on this. They need to do something but I don't know what they should do if anything. I hope we don't have a major crisis and get thrown back into a world of chaos.

Guest GaySacGuy

The CONSERVATIVE WING of the REPUBLICAN PARTY are the ones screwing up this...and maybe the whole world. I wish a few of them could get what they have coming to them!!!

They are really _ucking Assholes!!!

People like Cheny will only be worth 100 million instead of 200 million.

As a Brit I'm not too familiar with how American politics works. Can a President get rid of his VP for any reason at all? :angry: In Britain the Prime Minister can sack any of his ministers at any time, and indeed in times of crisis will often use this an an excuse to do so, or at the very least just shuffle the pack. As everybody seems to hate Cheney as much if not more than Bush is that an option (a bit late in the day now I know...!)?

Guest GaySacGuy
As a Brit I'm not too familiar with how American politics works. Can a President get rid of his VP for any reason at all? :angry: In Britain the Prime Minister can sack any of his ministers at any time, and indeed in times of crisis will often use this an an excuse to do so, or at the very least just shuffle the pack. As everybody seems to hate Cheney as much if not more than Bush is that an option (a bit late in the day now I know...!)?

It is my understanding (and I am no attorney, so??) that the VP is a constitutionly elected office, and thus to remove he would have to be impeached. But even if Bush could fire him, he wouldn't, as he thinks Cheney is the next best thing since sliced bread. Cheney led Bush's selection committee for VP, selected himself even with NO vetting that all the other candidates had to complete, and has been running things ever since.

A very sad state of affairs!!! :huh:

A very sad state of affairs!!! :huh:

So it would seem (understated British humour)

I can well imagine the way the majority of Americans must be feeling right now - 8 years of Bush & Cheney and now we're stuck with what many people are calling the credit crunch.

They must be absolutely desperate for change. They can see some tantalising light at the end of the tunnel. The waiting must be agonising.

The rest of the world senses that America is on the threshold of a new regime, and a lot of the animosity directed against the country in recent times is 'soft' - why, even in the dying days of Bush the French President is calling on him and it's all smiles (for the cameras at least). :p

Guest Steve1903

I think the most frightening thing in all of this is that nobody has put up any convincing argument as to how they will stop it happening again.