Guest PapaDavid

Farewell Sawatdeee ??

Guest PapaDavid

I have emigrated from the Sawatdee forum on the recommendation of an internet buddy. Whilt 80% of the content of Sawatdee was dross, it was useful in that it contained bits of interesting information about my spiritual home (Pattaya). Unfortunately of late it has been unmoderated and taken over by unintelligent morons (BOYGEORGE and BOYGENYUS to name but two), and by educated know-alls of the likes of HOMINTERN. It is therefore something of a blessing that it appears to be about to close. Although it did contain some small content of use it was mainly a forum for the Sunee Plaza mafia to advertise their businesses and for people to flame and verbally abuse other members.

I have been told that this forum is moderated and flaming and abuse is not tolerated...I hope my buddy's recommendation proves to be correct.

Guest letmetellu

I have emigrated from the Sawatdee forum on the recommendation of an internet buddy. Whilt 80% of the content of Sawatdee was dross, it was useful in that it contained bits of interesting information about my spiritual home (Pattaya). Unfortunately of late it has been unmoderated and taken over by unintelligent morons (BOYGEORGE and BOYGENYUS to name but two), and by educated know-alls of the likes of HOMINTERN. It is therefore something of a blessing that it appears to be about to close. Although it did contain some small content of use it was mainly a forum for the Sunee Plaza mafia to advertise their businesses and for people to flame and verbally abuse other members.

I have been told that this forum is moderated and flaming and abuse is not tolerated...I hope my buddy's recommendation proves to be correct.

Hi PapaDavid you will have an informative time here glad you could take the recommendation given to you I wonder by who?,,,the moderators have said they will be very sensible when they are deleting as this is a very friendly place to be.

I hope I can give you some fun and good tips on where to go and what to do in Thailand soon when we have bedded down our new audience here, waiting for the lights to go down and the band to play the introductions, then we will begin.

Welcome to you PapaDavid.

We do our best to make sure the forum is handled correctly. Faming and Abuse is in fact not tolerated.

Enjoy :)

Guest freeyourmind

I am not all into computers but looks to me that sawadee has been hacked. That is where I would put my money (if I had any)

If the moderators here at GayThailand keep awake and make sure the "no idiots allowed light" is off on this siite, it should be a fun place to be.

I see that that a few days ago someone forgot to turn the light off.

Som nam na B)

I am not all into computers but looks to me that sawadee has been hacked. That is where I would put my money (if I had any)

If the moderators here at GayThailand keep awake and make sure the "no idiots allowed light" is off on this siite, it should be a fun place to be.

I see that that a few days ago someone forgot to turn the light off.

Som nam na B)

I don't think it was hacked. The page you are getting right now :

http://sky.securenet-server.net/suspended.page/

remove the last tag and you get the hosting service provider :

http://sky.securenet-server.net/

which is owned by http://www.cpanel.net/index.html

Either

-he turned if off himself, but you would not get the " Suspended.page " notice, you would just get a bad configuration,

-or may be it is a question of hosting or billing plan.

Guest PapaDavid

Welcome to you PapaDavid.

We do our best to make sure the forum is handled correctly. Flaming and Abuse is in fact not tolerated.

Enjoy :)

Thanks very much for the welcome (and to those others who have also added their welcome comments).

I am already feeling at home and my worries about joining another bitching and abusive site are receding. TVM

Guest Cedric

I can't say that moaning bitching and abuse are not a very real part of gay life myself, a pretty large part. I always thought Sawatdee forum was very well moderated, objective and more or less self moderated. Certainly when Elephant spike made a dramatic disappearance things slid a little, but it was user friendly and TOLERANT of almost anything except bad mouthing the royals, that includes Pearl. In my opinion that's part and parcel of why it was so successful.

There is no point in sanitising a site just to please a conservative minority, that is just plain boring. I am wondering if I came to the right place. :huh:

Guest namjai

"There is no point in sanitising a site just to please a conservative minority, that is just plain boring. I am wondering if I came to the right place. "

I think that the majority is happy to be here without the crap from sawadee.

"I can't say that moaning bitching and abuse are not a very real part of gay life myself, a pretty large part."

Perhaps that is what your life is like, but certainly not mine.

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name
I hope I can give you some fun and good tips on where to go and what to do in Thailand soon when we have bedded down our new audience here, waiting for the lights to go down and the band to play the introductions, then we will begin.

LMTU,

The fact that you consider us your "audience" is part of the problem. Now, remember your promise. No drunken postings.

Welcome new users!

The Rose

Guest PapaDavid

"There is no point in sanitising a site just to please a conservative minority, that is just plain boring. I am wondering if I came to the right place. "

I think that the majority is happy to be here without the crap from sawadee.

"I can't say that moaning bitching and abuse are not a very real part of gay life myself, a pretty large part."

Perhaps that is what your life is like, but certainly not mine.

I fully agree - that was the point of my original thread and you have put it much better than I did.

Frankly, as one of the few "veteran" posters here, not one of the recent refugees from the Sinking of the HMS Sawatdee, I'm not sure what's worse: the trolls and bitchers, many of whom used multiple handles to ply their endless silliness, or the folks you might call the "Holy Carpers," who seem to spend their time complaining about all the trolls and bitchers.

Sawatdee had some real problems, not the least of which was the presence of so many mental adolescents who couldn't resist using multiple identities to post silly nonsense. Over time, they became its dominant force and ultimately cost SF its credibillity among anyone with more than a grade school diploma.

I happen to think that a successful board needs a blend of the good, the bad and the ugly, to have any chance for long-term popularity. If Sawatdee has folded, and the rumors of a brand new board are not true, let's hope this board has a tent big enough to accomodate all.

Guest letmetellu

LMTU,

The fact that you consider us your "audience" is part of the problem. Now, remember your promise. No drunken postings.

Welcome new users!

The Rose

Yes Rosy and when you write I am your audience, as you know I hang on to every Interesting word you say, waiting for a new revelation.

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

Yes Rosy and when you write I am your audience, as you know I hang on to every Interesting word you say, waiting for a new revelation.

Thanks, babe. :wub:

The Rose

Guest PapaDavid

... I'm not sure what's worse: the trolls and bitchers, many of whom used multiple handles to ply their endless silliness ...

Now who could that be? Does it perhaps include, Hedda AKA several other names?

QUOTE(Geezer @ Aug 23 2006, 04:04 AM)

I think most of us could just put folks on "ignore" or skim over the vicious comments and vitriol, so I personally think it's a shame to lose the old forum - as well as all of the valuable content it held.

I'm still holding hope that it will become active again so those who want to can continue there.

bao-bao

Guest BKKvisitor

I have been a reader of this and the defunct Sawatdee forum for about the past three months. Although Sawatdee was much more active in terms of posts, I found that I didn't understand half of what was being said because it referred to long-standing feuds among some members who seemed to dominate the board. I decided to join this board after reading this thread. I have visited Thailand twice and I'm looking forward to my third visit.

Guest Cedric

If Sawatdee has folded, and the rumors of a brand new board are not true, let's hope this board has a tent big enough to accomodate all.

What brand new board? Care to fluff up that little titillating rumour just a bit more?

Us refugees will take anything we can get sir, even Americanised spelling.

I can't say that moaning bitching and abuse are not a very real part of gay life myself, a pretty large part. I always thought Sawatdee forum was very well moderated, objective and more or less self moderated. Certainly when Elephant spike made a dramatic disappearance things slid a little, but it was user friendly and TOLERANT of almost anything except bad mouthing the royals, that includes Pearl. In my opinion that's part and parcel of why it was so successful.

There is no point in sanitising a site just to please a conservative minority, that is just plain boring. I am wondering if I came to the right place. :huh:

I agree with my buddy Cedric! While Sawatdee certainly had its detractors, by sheer weight of numbers it also had its supporters; evidently far more than its detractors! It was often a fun and interesting place to be. And let

I can agree with you in part, Aunty, but I don't see how flame and hate posts are necessary in the name of excitement and fun. Quite often it starts off as something good natured, but too often it ends up as viscious cat fights. To my mind, that is not what this forum, or any other for that matter, should be all about.

The way I see it, this web site and forum is about gay Thailand. It would take quite a bit of doing to convince me that a message board about gay Thailand ought to include 'hair pulling and eye gouging.' I don't see what any of that has to do with gay Thailand. To me, that's nothing more than immaturity and stupidity between individuals. If someone wants a forum full of hate posters and troublemakers, then I suggest someone open a new forum and call it "Gay Cat Fight."

In any case, from what I read here, the number of people who do want to see cat fights are vastly outnumbered by those who want no part of it.

Nevertheless, as long as posters are posting within the posting rules, there is no problem. I don't particularly want to see this forum become a clone of the Sawatdee forum, but that is not my decision to make. Ultimately, that is up to Gaythailand. As I said on another thread, he is where the buck stops.

Nevertheless, as long as posters are posting within the posting rules, there is no problem. I don't particularly want to see this forum become a clone of the Sawatdee forum, but that is not my decision to make. Ultimately, that is up to Gaythailand. As I said on another thread, he is where the buck stops.

It seems to me that Gay People loves drama. Not talking about every one out there but from what I can see in Thailand, the fights between farangs are just based on Drama. Like in High school.

No matter how much "rules